What's new

Since no one else will do it, I'll give it a try. XBL UMK3 Tournament!

I have the dvds from the first two seasons. Definitely my favorite show.

A point about gameover's idea...all day? How many days to most of us have to soley dedicate to mk? Fuck, we'd have to plan it at least a month in advance. Other than that though it sure would be a fun day!
It'd take like 3 hours if it was done right...and it'd only take that long for whoever ran it and whoever was winning. Everyone who loses could stick around for however long they like. I've played for like 3 hours with you plenty of times, it's nothing unheard of.

Person sets a concrete date. People communicate between matches on central chat. Report wins/losses, set up next private match, rinse, repeat.

FILER

Noob
I would also suggest a smaller amount of players.

In athletics alot of tournaments are divided into divisions.

There is no need to have 20+ people in a tournament. We know where alot of players rank. Why not a "Pro" tournament with 4-8 people. An "Intermediate" tournament with 4-8, and a "Beginner" with 4-8. Or whatever works.

Just a thought, but a 4-8 person tournament takes less time and keeps players interested and dedicated.

There is no need to have 20+ people in a tournament. We know where alot of players rank. Why not a "Pro" tournament with 4-8 people. An "Intermediate" tournament with 4-8, and a "Beginner" with 4-8. Or whatever works.

Just a thought, but a 4-8 person tournament takes less time and keeps players interested and dedicated.
Yeah maybe the "Pro" players will actually play in that. But "Pro's" at this game don't play online tournaments. Ive seen Shaney, DC, CD, Shock, and Annihilator compete in a couple but they haven't in awhile. They just don't want lag to be a factor in a tournament and you have to understand.

FILER

Noob
Yeah maybe the "Pro" players will actually play in that. But "Pro's" at this game don't play online tournaments. Ive seen Shaney, DC, CD, Shock, and Annihilator compete in a couple but they haven't in awhile. They just don't want lag to be a factor in a tournament and you have to understand.
Besides the point. It has nothing to do with lag or who is playing or who isn't, but rather that division between skill would be something to consider. "Upper" "Middle" "Lower" could easily be substituted. The point was that the smaller tournaments end faster and keep people interested better. We have had many tournaments never finish or take months because of many factors...one being the amount of players.

This sounds like a great idea to me.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
This is the first time I've looked at this thread in a while and I think the smaller, skill level dependent tournaments might be a good idea. It is possible to run a huge tournament but it HAS to be done in day, or at least all but the last few rounds. A 32 person tournament can be done online in day in under and hour since everyone can play at the same time. The hardest part is getting everyone there and not being afraid to DQ people for not being on time.