What's new

simple combos and juggles character

Ok so it's official I suck at this game,

I'm really quite bad at inputing strings, often ending up dropping my combos, resulting in not really punishing my opponent when I have the chance and instead suffering from massive amount of damage.

I usually play Skorpion, Sindel and Kitana and especially with the two "ladies" I have hard time comboing.

My question for you guys is, what is in your opinion the character that overall has the most streamlined combos, special moves and juggles?
so that I can build it from there...

Thanks a bunch

GhosT

Noob
liu kang. Back+3 2 1 dash in and repeat

You can also try ermac.. if your used to scorpion and can perform a jump kick into teleport, ermacs BNB should come easily. Look into ermac and liu kangs forums for the combos.. liu has some easy three button juggles that are simple once you get the dash in down pat

GhosT

Noob
he also has two fireballs.. a high and a low. the high fireball can be launched in the air.

try using sub zero, his bnbs are simple and easy to remember or use smoke which i think is the best starter character to use

easy characters to use liu kang (solid presure I consider hes not hard to learn), noob (great spammer not too good combos but its also easy to learn how to use him, if my girlfriend learned how to use him anyone can), striker (note this char has bad combos and is easy to figure out but easy to learn how to use and good to punish proyectiles but once again if they figure u out ur dead)

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Sonyas 1 of the harder characters lol, use SZ, Liu, Cage has easy combos but requires alot of hit confirming n stuff like that.

So yea SZ is easiest for combos, 214 slide most of the time

liu kang has the simplest BnBs. smoke has a pretty easy and repetitive one, sub is easy too.. everyone starts getting really easy to learn basic BnBs for after a while though.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Liu Kang, by far...

213, 213, 213 ... they start blocking high then you go... B321, B321, B321

throw in some fireballs after you've got the lead and you're well on your way to consistently beating a lot of average players.

Thanks for the posts folks, I'm giving a shot at Liu (although I find him a bit annoying :)) but he seems a good starting character, do you guys know if there's a safe X-ray? Meaning if I can connect it so that it's unblockable?

Death

Noob
lol @ someone listing sonya. Shes top 3 hardest character to learn. For easy combos id go with Liu, Cage, sub and ermac. When i first got the game i picked up Liu Kang because he felt the easiest to use at first.

Thanks for the posts folks, I'm giving a shot at Liu (although I find him a bit annoying :)) but he seems a good starting character, do you guys know if there's a safe X-ray? Meaning if I can connect it so that it's unblockable?
kano's x-ray is unblockable, so long as you're within it's range

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Any X-ray is unblockable if you use it in a combo... for example:

JIP B12 Freeze JIP 214 X-Ray... they won't be able to stop the X-ray unless they use a breaker before the X-ray starts...

As for unblockable ones... Jax and Kano's can't be blocked and certain ones like Sindel's can't be blocked high... etc

Espio

Kokomo
Jax, Sheeva, and Kano are the only characters who have unblockable X-rays that I recall.

Sub-Zero, Liu Kang, and Johhny Cage are among the easier characters, Skorpion as well.