What's new

Sibling advantage

I haven't been following the scene lately but I noticed there's a lot of brothers that play well in NRS games. And this probably carries over into most fighting games as they are the definitive two player games.

First of all there's Sonicfox who I believe has an older brother that introduced them to Dead or Alive.

Ketchup and Mustard the twins are not top level but are still very good players. You can tell they grew up rivaling eachother and sharing that passion.

Nicolas and Scorpionprocs are also twins.

Biohazard and Honeybee are brothers. I'm guessing they are less than 2 years apart.

DJT and MIT were both world class. DJT seems like the older one and more passionate player that got his brother into it.

Any others I'm missing? Did any of you grow up playing fighting games with a sibling?

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I believe sonic is the youngest of four.

Dieminion is a twin. His bro does compete but I can't remember his handle right now.

Traitless Raven is my brother (RayRiazy).

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
xMyGodx & Scrubbs vs You: xMyGodx is a 3x EVO medalist & was a consistent Top 8 placer during his competitive career along with plenty of wins & Scrubbs was also a great competitive player but most notably KI & is a 1x EVO medalist in SFxT.

Crazy Dominican & CDjr: Some of the best MK players of all time. Nuff said.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I wish my brother was into fighting games. He’s a gamer like me but he’s never been into FG’s. He’s good at shooters, Rocket League, and pretty much every game except FG’s have never really interested him. Same with all my IRL friends. A lot are gamers, none like FG’s. Some of them like them but just don’t play them.

Anyway, it’s definitely a massive advantage if you’re both competitive players playing the same game, especially a fighting game. But this also applies to people who live with or near other super good players. That said, with online being better than it ever has, just get you a training partner. Obviously online still isn’t close to the same as offline, but it’s infinitely better than nothing