What's new

Shout-outs to Tom :)

I know I'm the new guy, and I have never met Tom in my life. But, I felt this thread needed to be made!

Tom Brady man, you rule :)

I don't care if you didn't make top 16 in Evo, or even top 200. You showed real character in the MK9 stream :)

You lost. There was no salt towards Arturo, no rage. You just admitted your loss and moved on.

You do not suck at MK9, you have done more for it then any of us could have imagined! In my eyes you are still one of the best MK players EVER!

Not just because of your skill, but because you picked Sub-Zero. For us, the fans. You were willing to risk Evo...EVO FFS! Just to please the fans who loved your Sub-Zero. No one, and I mean NO ONE, in Street Fighter would have done that for their fans.

Did Daigo switch to Ryu to avoid the Yun spam or to please the Ryu players? Not that I saw. That shows real class that makes me happy I am part of this Kommunity :)

Maybe this post is in the wrong forum, but I don't care ^^

This needed to be said.

To the Finalists in MK9 at Evo, to Tom Brady, and to all of TYM....

YOU ROCK! :headbang:

Uh, he totally flipped when he lost and made a big scene screaming about the crowd that had gathered to watch his match. Dude is a prima donna.

TrickyNick

Weather Man
I don't beleive Tom picked sub solely for his die hard fans lol. It was a matchup against reptile and he felt confident he could take it with sub. Hes not going to risk EVO because his fans want to see sub-zero in the tourney. All im saying is I don't really think his switch to sub was to please the crowds it may have gave him the extra 20% but not the full 100% to go through with it.

Anyways he did a good job. Sometimes people just loose and Tom stuck it out for a while against other great players.

JrK

Probably Drunk
The difference between a winner and a loser isn't how he did yesterday, but what he does going forward. A loser would be sore and stop playing (or stagnate), but if this is his fuel to take things to a whole new level then it was for the best and will ultimately help everyone.

shura30

Shura
it's tom brady and we expect a lot of ass licking

but

it's evolution, a major tournament

you get the lead against a good player (sabin) you think you can BS changing character and what you get?
anger and nerve so when you switch back to your tournament character (wich was supposely trained for a reason) you get kicked out

tom is a good guy and i really respect what he's doing for mk9
but sometime he bring too much unneeded drama in

I don't beleive Tom picked sub solely for his die hard fans lol. It was a matchup against reptile and he felt confident he could take it with sub. Hes not going to risk EVO because his fans want to see sub-zero in the tourney. All im saying is I don't really think his switch to sub was to please the crowds it may have gave him the extra 20% but not the full 100% to go through with it.

Anyways he did a good job. Sometimes people just loose and Tom stuck it out for a while against other great players.
I'm no MK expert, but isn't Sub v Reptile a BAD much-up for Sub?

TrickyNick

Weather Man
I'm no MK expert, but isn't Sub v Reptile a BAD much-up for Sub?
You know I would say its in Subs favor but dont take my word for it. Once reptile is in a corner he cant do anything but xray, but then again if reptile gets the life lead and makes sub come to him that may be a different story. Im really not to sure on the matchup could be reptiles favor someone here could prolly clarify that for you if needed. Ive seen tom play a couple reptiles with sub before and he did well. Maybe he just felt comfortable with the matchup.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
You know I would say its in Subs favor but dont take my word for it. Once reptile is in a corner he cant do anything but xray, but then again if reptile gets the life lead and makes sub come to him that may be a different story. Im really not to sure on the matchup could be reptiles favor someone here could prolly clarify that for you if needed. Ive seen tom play a couple reptiles with sub before and he did well. Maybe he just felt comfortable with the matchup.
It's pretty much 50/50 IMO as a reptile player. As you said, in the corner Sub dominates; but midscreen reptile gets the slight advantage because forceball/iceblast trades are usually in his favour. Reptile's best tool is limited because of Ice Clone, it's usually a very intense match and one of my favourites to play even though it can be frustrating at times. Some people say the match is in Reptile's favour, others say Sub has it. Maybe I'm just a little biased. :p

TrickyNick

Weather Man
It's pretty much 50/50 IMO as a reptile player. As you said, in the corner Sub dominates; but midscreen reptile gets the slight advantage because forceball/iceblast trades are usually in his favour. Reptile's best tool is limited because of Ice Clone, it's usually a very intense match and one of my favourites to play even though it can be frustrating at times. Some people say the match is in Reptile's favour, others say Sub has it. Maybe I'm just a little biased. :p
Yea i can agree with that