What's new

Should we be able to practice with the DLC characters?

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
Without paying. Meaning (currently) Tanya, Tremor, Predator, and Jason would be available in training AND ONLY TRAINING mode.

Now I understand this may defeat the purpose of buying the DLC characters (another discussion entirely), and I in know way want to take revenue from NRS for this (albeit flawed) fantastic game.

But for those of us who don't wish to buy the characters, and within that group those of us who wish to play at a amateur to professional level, should we be forced to be left in the dark about the characters abilities?

Discuss...

Kamikaze_Highlander

Agreed, but at the same my point isn't about cost or anything, I should have included it in the OP, but it happened to me at my first tourney after Tanya came out I had never had any experience against her so it was just a massacre. Mitigating things like this is what I'm thinking

medleyoz

Noob
I dont think they should be free all the time as that would discourage sales (i know i wouldn't bother with leather face for e.g). I do think a good comprimise could be that in the week of the premier tower they could be able to be used in training mode.

GQJ

Noob
Without paying. Meaning (currently) Tanya, Tremor, Predator, and Jason would be available in training AND ONLY TRAINING mode.

Now I understand this may defeat the purpose of buying the DLC characters (another discussion entirely), and I in know way want to take revenue from NRS for this (albeit flawed) fantastic game.

But for those of us who don't wish to buy the characters, and within that group those of us who wish to play at a amateur to professional level, should we be forced to be left in the dark about the characters abilities?

Discuss...
I would love this, because if you play online (or offline), you are going to face these characters in one form or another, so you get an ass-whoppin for free, why not be able to lab for free? But I can see where NRS is coming from b/c labbing the character is still using the character, and there is considerable value in being able to use the repetition in training mode to understand the DLC (or any) character.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
It's very annoying to not be able to lab against a character unless I pay for them.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Well you can lab against a character that you don't have, as long as you have a friend that has them, online training mode is perfect for this kind of thing, even if online is a bit... Extremely terrible

JDM

Noob
Nah, that's dumb. If you're serious about training against certain characters you should be willing to buy the extra characters. Kinda sucks being above casual level, huh? :)

no. It makes way more sense to just sell it as a pack. If you want to use it .. you buy it. That is basic economics. Why should they give you something that they have worked so hard on.

Kamikaze_Highlander

no. It makes way more sense to just sell it as a pack. If you want to use it .. you buy it. That is basic economics. Why should they give you something that they have worked so hard on.
Thing is I don't want to use it. No one could ever replace Cutie and the Beast. I just want an opportunity to understand how a character fights so I can build my game if I don't have offline people to play with.

I'm really not even talking about being able to USE the character, just allow them to be the dummy in training mode, if you want to control them you have to buy them, but learning holes, true block strings, etc. Thats all I want to have them for.

TQT1995

Scrub - Zero
Nah, that's dumb. If you're serious about training against certain characters you should be willing to buy the extra characters. Kinda sucks being above casual level, huh? :)
If they're on my ps4 but are locked away, I'm not willing to spend $5 for a 100kb key per character lmao