ban or do not ban

• ban

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • not ban

Votes: 32 60.4%

• Total voters

Evil_Riu48

Kombatant
we all ready have stages that are banned in tourney because they affect game play. if that is the reason why we banned these stage then why we have not banned the pit stage and the roof top?

i think this stage affect game play even worst than kratos stage because unlike krotos stage in which both players have the same problem unlike in the pit and roof top in which only one players is effected by the stage

to me it is complete unfair and stupid that a player can have an advantage over the other player from the character select screem by selecting the longer or the shortest stage in the game.

i think every match in tourney should be fight in a regular side stage and i think banning the pit stage and the roof top stage it is something worth thinking about it

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
pit bottom is smaller than the other pits stages so i always wonder why people go pit if they want smallest stage :/

stages sizes by Somberness
Stage Sizes
Hell is the base, Soul Chamber is 1.4 times larger than it, for example.
Hell - 1.00
The Pit(Bottom) - 1.07
The Pit - 1.08
The Dead Pool - 1.15
Challenge Tower - 1.17
The Living Forest - 1.21
Shang Tsung's Gardens - 1.22
The Graveyard - 1.22
Subway - 1.23
Wastelands - 1.23
Shang Tsung's Throne Room - 1.24
The Street - 1.25
The Temple - 1.27
Armory - 1.27
Desert - 1.32
The Courtyard - 1.33
Rooftop(Dawn) - 1.34
Kahn's Coliseum - 1.34
Rooftop(Dusk) - 1.34
The Flesh Pits - 1.39
Soul Chamber - 1.40
Goro's Lair - 1.41
Evil Monastery - 1.43
Shao Kahn's Throne Room - 1.44
The Bell Tower - 1.46
Rooftop(Day) - 1.49

the reason hell,street,wastelands,kratos stage are banned to not translate to pit/rooftop so my answer would be no to banning them.
sure you could agrue desert and subway could possibly alter gameplay and be banned because of the annoying sand/paper but there not going to be banned either

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
No because it'll become an eternal back and forth encounter between the pit bottom and bell tower instead. If there's a conflict over what stage the players want the use, the TEO should step in and pick Armory for them. I believe it's about average in length out of the currently legal stages.

Cibernetico

Kombatant
I already had asked this question before and everyone for some reason were acting as if there wasn't anything to seriously discuss.

I've sad it before and I'll say it again, they need to be banned.

Chuckychuck

Kombatant
The most balanced stage would be 1.28 so The Temple should be the official stage to fight on because it is equal to both zoners and rush down characters.

There is no reason to have this BS stage advantage crap.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Definitely, definitely not.
-Having different stage sizes makes the game a little more dynamic.
-Only banning the rooftop and pit would lead to counterpicking on the next biggest/smallest stages.
-Banning every stage except for one or two would make the game look bland, especially to outsiders.
-Banning small things that can be dealt with just makes our community look scrubby.

This sort of thing reminds me of the discussion about banning free fall stages in MK DC...
Hop off the banwagon everybody.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Definitely, definitely not.
-Having different stage sizes makes the game a little more dynamic.
-Only banning the rooftop and pit would lead to counterpicking on the next biggest/smallest stages.
-Banning every stage except for one or two would make the game look bland, especially to outsiders.
-Banning small things that can be dealt with just makes our community look scrubby.

This sort of thing reminds me of the discussion about banning free fall stages in MK DC...
Hop off the banwagon everybody.
This is everything that needed to be said.

In other news, Training Mode stage should be banned.

RagingNight

Dojo Trainee
can we ban hitbox/arcade sticks next? Its not normal. When I buy a ps3/360 it comes with the controller. The same controller that everybody else needs to use.

*sarcastic.

Stages giving advantages aren't new to fighting games. They haven't been banned outside melee/brawl for their own separate reasons. Once again, why should MK9 be different?

matterovermind

mindundermatter
IIRC, Check had done some research into lag factors for various stages. I'm not sure where this thread will end up in regards to stage rules for future tourneys, but it would be a good idea to get some additional info.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Stage should be random with loser being able to counter pick stage or a new character with random stage.

Also, people who want smaller stages pick Pit top because Pit bottom's annoying blood fountains are not worth the .01 difference.