What's new

Should testers be excluded from competing in the first few tournaments of the game?

Should testers be banned for the first couple tournaments of MKX?

• Total voters

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
This is a no brainer... Yes ALL testers SHOULD definately be banned for at least 3 months. Take a look at what happened in MK9 and injustice. All testers clearly had an advantage early on ESPECIALLY in injustice. Didnt nrs just say 300 people are currently testing mkx? We need a list of who. We do know all the chicago guys are testing it non stop. First 2-3 months of the game will be ruled by the testers and then you have the few with no jobs that compete who will place here and there.
We know the guys who are testing lol, 16bit and ppj. Most people have other jobs and can't take time off work to spend months testing a game. The 300 testers are probably people whose job is to be a video game tester, not tournament players in our community. If they do the guest testing again it probably won't be for a couple months like it was for injustice, and it'll be for a short time

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Everyone's name will be in the credits.

You can just ask too. Anyone working there is free to say so, it's not top secret.
What are your thoughts on competing in the first say two months of the game?

Trust me when I say there will be opportunity

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
maybe we should have a boss fight. Any testers that show up get put in their own pool and the winner of that takes on the normal champion at the end of everything and if you beat them you get the money, but if you dont it gets split like 70 for you 30 for the "Boss".

at that point it shouldn't be about the money, but celebrating getting the game in our hands finally. besides banning them will just hinder the growth of the game ain't going to be able to steal their tech if the dont play.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
I would say they should be exempt from competition till the first patch. Which we all know in the nrs world will be 16 hours into the game anyway.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
How about this?

If you don't wanna go and spend money just to lose, don't travel until you are confident enough to compete.
No one is making you travel, no one is making you put money in to go to the tourney.
Why should we tell them they can't go? Fuck that, you don't go. You either get your back blown out, or you win.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Everyone's name will be in the credits.

You can just ask too. Anyone working there is free to say so, it's not top secret.
Oh thanks for the info. Is TB and Reo working on it too?

Btw I want to know just to know not really to ban players of anything like that.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Keep in mind that QAs and one week testers are very different. Yes the QAs should probably sit release day tournaments out since they have been playing for a year or so.

But one week testers? Let them play every tournament. I think people dont realize that a lot of these testers are brought in when the game is completely different, which means they will have to readjust like the rest of us.

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Lmao. Please, stick to improving your ranking on Xbox live.
Please go take a walk..;) I haven't played in months....am I supposed to care what you think? lol.

Who are you again? lol @ random haters...

In case you missed the Original post, anyone can have an opinion on the topic.

F4tal

Noob
Please go take a walk..;) I haven't played in months....you think I care what you think? lol. Please try to worry about yourself instead of others.

Who are you again? lol @ random haters...

In case you missed the Original post, anyone can have an opinion on the topic.
WHO ARE YOU? You are a nobody. Quit trying to glorify yourself on YouTube you aren't fooling anyone.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
How much money are people expecting to make from these majors?

Unless its EVO or what MLG used to pay out, I remember reading and hearing that a lot of major wins prizes barely cover travel costs.

I think we all need to calm down. Watching the testers play/playing the testers can only benefit you, as they actually know what the game is supposed to look like.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
How much money are people expecting to make from these majors?

Unless its EVO or what MLG used to pay out, I remember reading and hearing that a lot of major wins prizes barely cover travel costs.

I think we all need to calm down. Watching the testers play/playing the testers can only benefit you, as they actually know what the game is supposed to look like.
I have an exception to this :]

TBA

theres a reason I ask and want it discussed

I can't read and voted yes, because I'm an idiot so yeah.

Yeah they might be up on tech, maybe, but honestly the best way to learn is to play against better players, and having them not play just cripples the whole community.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
A couple things.

The 'Special Thanks' testers that are only there for a week to find craziness shouldn't be banned. The game gets drastically changed by the time it's all done and its usually broke as hell to the point they don't even really get to learn the core of the game. Regardless, does anyone really put that much weight in the first couple majors anyway? Even if you ban the testers, the tournament is still gonna be filled with gimmicks, zoning, and blatant abuse of moves that people don't know how to deal with them yet. Nobody knows what the hell is going on yet in the game anyway.

Reo, Tom and Chris G were the main testers going around wrecking shop. Reo and Chris G are just top players period. Chris G was beating me and 16 Bit's ass after 2 or 3 days of playing the game when we had been playing for months. He's a freak. Reo is also just a great player. Are we really saying those wins are frauds? Tom got to play the game the most outside of 16 Bit and myself. I believe he was at NRS for 2 weeks and also got to play the game a lot with PL and CD Jr for the Prima guide. He probably benefited the most from the early testing.

Me and 16 Bit didn't even bother entering a tourney until UFGT.

So the only real gripe here is that MAYBE Tom got some fraudulent placings due to being a 'tester'.

So I guess maybe ban Tom. Poor Tom lol.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
A couple things.

The 'Special Thanks' testers that are only there for a week to find craziness shouldn't be banned. The game gets drastically changed by the time it's all done and its usually broke as hell to the point they don't even really get to learn the core of the game. Regardless, does anyone really put that much weight in the first couple majors anyway? Even if you ban the testers, the tournament is still gonna be filled with gimmicks, zoning, and blatant abuse of moves that people don't know how to deal with them yet. Nobody knows what the hell is going on yet in the game anyway.

Reo, Tom and Chris G were the main testers going around wrecking shop. Reo and Chris G are just top players period. Chris G was beating me and 16 Bit's ass after 2 or 3 days of playing the game when we had been playing for months. He's a freak. Reo is also just a great player. Are we really saying those wins are frauds? Tom got to play the game the most outside of 16 Bit and myself. I believe he was at NRS for 2 weeks and also got to play the game a lot with PL and CD Jr for the Prima guide. He probably benefited the most from the early testing.

Me and 16 Bit didn't even bother entering a tourney until UFGT.

So the only real gripe here is that MAYBE Tom got some fraudulent placings due to being a 'tester'.

So I guess maybe ban Tom. Poor Tom lol.
To be fair, I don't think saying "this player would be good anyway" is a real excuse to give them an early advantage. Not talking about this situation in particular, just saying.