What's new

Should NRS be doing public beta testing?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Again, they'd be putting out an older build. Maybe those things worked then but new code in the new builds caused it to become buggy. Random game lag can happen for a multitude of reasons: The players connection, the amount of stuff on the screen, etc. That's an Xbox thing so I don't know but has it been happening since the beginning or with recent patches because that means that would mean that NEW CODE after the game was released is causing the problems. Many of the problems of MK9 are deeply rooted in the code, they've said before that to fix some of those things they'd have to start from scratch, a beta test isn't gonna do a thing. Coding is complicated as hell, for every thing that's fixed you could create 3 more problems (Rolento glitch in SFxT), again beta testing is not gonna accomplish nearly as much as you believe and they definitely can't have a beta test for DLC characters or things they're gonna implement post-launch.

Fine, I guess I'll just have to accept that NRS games will always be incomplete.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Fine, I guess I'll just have to accept that NRS games will always be incomplete.

No, you have to accept that they're doing all they can but can't catch everything. It has been a year and a half and people have just recently discovered TAC infinites and this glitch in UMvC3:

What's a month of beta testing realistically gonna accomplish?