What's new

Should Injustice 2 have Ranking levels in Ranked Matches (Bronze - Diamond)?

Do you think Injustice 2 should have rank levels for players like SFV?

• Yes

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
With the leak of the poster showing Batman and Flash seemingly in battle, Injustice 2 is all but announced. Along with the monotony of the past few months of MKX, I think its fair to speculate what we think can work in Inj2 that either existed in MKX/IGAU or something new altogether.

A feature that I believe would benefit Inj2 that many games in general utilize - namely SFV and League of Legends - is a ranking system within ranked matches.

These ranks are most recognizable in games as Bronze and Silver for more casual gameplay all the way to Platinum and Diamond for the competitive beasts that we see at tournaments.

I believe, opposed to the simple bronze-diamond ranks, it should be more DC Comic related...using Superman's weakness, Kryptonite, as a rank amongst others.

Not only will this increase the competitive play that many top players don't get from Ranked, but it also gives Bronze level players the chance to level up and potentially become those Platinum and Diamond level players.

I believe a ranking system in ranked will add a new drive and new life to an otherwise bland and simple ranked play. This coupled with the hope of GGPO returning for Inj2, NRS online play could be at a new high - potentially surpassing any other fighting game.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Yes. Better matchmaking options are always welcome. In this case, pairing players up with people in the same skill level. As long as it actually works... I know in SFV the matchmaking can pair up a Diamond with a Bronze. If they implement this system, then need to make sure stuff like that doesn't happen.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
YES GOD PLEASE YES.

Ive been saying NRS should do this since before the first Injustice came out. it gives you a goal to strive for and shows you what youre up against, might put their matchmaking on blast tho lol

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
This is what I want from NRS, and have for a long while now. And I also think they need to stop displaying win/loss ratios in non ranked lobbies and matchmaking. Leave that useless stat in the Player Card.