What's new

Should i pick up Cyrax?

twostep

Beefy Five Layer (;
Since umk3 Cyrax looks wise has been my favorite character and I've been wanting to start using him maybe eventually main him. I'm fairly decent and have learned a couple characters. I main johnny cage and my sub main is sub zero I've been wanting to pickup cyrax and get good with him. How difficult is he to learn and play decent with? I dont really wanna learn the bnb traps if theyre gonna get patched but what are his bread and butters is there any good gameplay with people using him without the resets? Is he gonna be considered shit without the resets? I was putting a lot of time into kabal and was able to do his nomad dash cancel consistent but i just wasnt feeling him. Any advice help?

NariTuba

disMember
My advice is watch gameplay videos from experienced Cyrax players. Do your research so you can understand what it is you´re watching. Then give it a go to check wether you feel it or not. He has an assortment of odd tools that feel very rewarding to apply... my 2 cents

twostep

Beefy Five Layer (;
well who are some great cyrax players cause i dont wanna just be going for the one meter combo everytime does he have other bread and butters like 30 percents?

Cyrax has a steep learning curve to be honest. The combos aren't that difficult to learn, but utilizing Cyrax effectively in a match requires patience, skill, and very good reads.

twostep

Beefy Five Layer (;
is there any recent pro gameplay where they dont use the reset ive been messing with him and i got his 53% combo pretty good and the 32% no meter bnb but yeahh im figuring that out going from rushin with cage to more of a trying to let them make a mistake is kinda difficult so what s his main game just bomb and net and try and get them to mess up?

NariTuba

disMember
is there any recent pro gameplay where they dont use the reset ive been messing with him and i got his 53% combo pretty good and the 32% no meter bnb but yeahh im figuring that out going from rushin with cage to more of a trying to let them make a mistake is kinda difficult so what s his main game just bomb and net and try and get them to mess up?
Start by checking out the sticky on this forum " A Love Affair with Unblockables: Bomb Setups and More"

twostep

Beefy Five Layer (;
btw guys i picked him up learned his bnbs and his 50 percent combos and people rage quit and call me cheap ):

btw guys i picked him up learned his bnbs and his 50 percent combos and people rage quit and call me cheap ):
Don't listen to them. Actually do listen to them, when they start calling you cheap it means you're doing something right ;-). Now go on and practice the resets LOL Abuse them online until they patch them. Oh, and pick his MK3 skin and do bomb traps on people online too. Enjoy while it lasts :)

Lol if i see the person doing a bomb trap on me and they suck I just do infinite on them lol so they would hate cyrax and leave him alone))))