What's new

Question Should green arrow be higher tier list?

This is just my personal belief that he is, I mean free get in with an ice arrow that you can forward dash 4 times before ice running out, and and an unlockable super, and not to mention his ridiculous reset ability, does anyone else think he's being overlooked?

Check my channel out for combo videos ranked matches montages and more http://www.youtube.com/user/TequilaMockingburd

And no I don't type my signature out everytime, im using Tapatalk app lol

No, he gets his ass beat hard in alot of match ups,

Chris G is fricken godlike, and there for makes him look super godlike.

He is where he belongs on the the "tier" list.
I just don't see it man, it's free get in, I just don't think there's enough people exploiting green arrow yet he'll move up I'm sure

Check my channel out for combo videos ranked matches montages and more http://www.youtube.com/user/TequilaMockingburd

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
I'm not an idiot there's more too me believing he's underrated than that lol, but that's one very credible source that has a belief that he's underrated so there you go

http://www.youtube.com/user/TequilaMockingburd

#hopeforhood
He's exactly where he should be. Midtier, loses to top tiers, bodies the rest.

Damage is too low, zoning is subpar, terrible range, great mixups with low reward.

The fact that you think a tech involving super suddenly makes his match ups better tells me that you have no idea what you're talking about.

So because he loses to Black Adam that makes him not top 10? What kind of logic is that lol.

GA is definitely top 10 easy. Having a few bad matchups doesn't mean much, if anything it just means GA isn't broken.
There's is very little logic amongst this community I'm starting to realize, best to ignore it lol

#hopeforhood

He's exactly where he should be. Midtier, loses to top tiers, bodies the rest.

Damage is too low, zoning is subpar, terrible range, great mixups with low reward.

The fact that you think a tech involving super suddenly makes his match ups better tells me that you have no idea what you're talking about.
Lol just ignore the fact that I never said his tech with his super makes him top, but really just showing one small piece to the character I believe is underrated.... I feel like I'm repeating my self

#hopeforhood

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Lol just ignore the fact that I never said his tech with his super makes him top, but really just showing one small piece to the character I believe is underrated.... I feel like I'm repeating my self

#hopeforhood
You stated 3 points.
- Ice arrow ( 50 / 50 chance of blocking it, leads to 24-28% damage, only 2 dashes and a move before they defrost).
- Unblockable super that makes him top according to your original post (unless it's a setup, incredibly easy to avoid, leads to 40% damage on average).
- Reset ( Situational, you need to have 4 bars plus do the correct combo, and most of the time it's escapable).

That's your reasoning why he should be "higher in the tier list".

I don't think you understand how tier lists work. It's not what tools you have, but how those tools work for you in a match up. They don't work against the tough match ups. Period.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I don't play GA.. I play Harley.. That being said..

You folks have something that we in camp Quinn dont and that is a top notch player showing you how it is done in ChrisG..
I am not saying- Mimic him and become a G Clone.. But his play can defiantly motivate you to up your game and see what he does right to make his GA so formidable. Having a pro with the ability to see his/her matches champion your character from jump street is an outstanding tool to be utilized. If I were in your boat I would start paying more attention to what he does have and how top players get the most mileage out of him, than what he lacks.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I don't play GA.. I play Harley.. That being said..

You folks have something that we in camp Quinn dont and that is a top notch player showing you how it is done in ChrisG..
I am not saying- Mimic him and become a G Clone.. But his play can defiantly motivate you to up your game and see what he does right to make his GA so formidable. Having a pro with the ability to see his/her matches champion your character from jump street is an outstanding tool to be utilized. If I were in your boat I would start paying more attention to what he does have and how top players get the most mileage out of him, than what he lacks.
I know what you mean. At first I wasn't really digging Aquaman. I saw what Brady could do with Aquaman... I became instantly better. :p

MkFinest

Monster
GA is good no where near amazing. You have to put in so much work to win with him "working overtime"
if you win a Major with GA you a godlike FG player
A tier imo

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Who cares where he is on the list? Chris G isn't exactly winning w/a crappy char, so it's been proven he can win tournaments. Therefore he's automatically better than most of the cast, the best player of that char has proved it. There is no debating it, Vulcan Hades is spot on

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
So because he loses to Black Adam that makes him not top 10? What kind of logic is that lol.

GA is definitely top 10 easy imho. Having a few bad matchups doesn't mean much. If anything it just means GA isn't broken.

lol No man, Cossner broke it down nicely though.

Heres the numbers I've come up with after a few thousand matches offline and on

Aquaman 4-6 (this could be worse)
Ares 4-6
Bane 5-5 (on the fence about this one)
Batman 4-6
Black Adam 3-7 (might not be that bad, buts it a hard fuckin 4-6 if it's not 3-7 in the current game his back dash is too good)
Catwoman 6-4
Cyborg 5-5
Deathstroke 5-5
Doomsday 5-5 (this might be a winning match up for Arrow)
Flash 7-3
Arrow - mirror
Lantern 5-5
Harley 5-5
Hawkgirl 6-4
Joker (5-5) (parry could tip this in jokers scale if used properly, haven't played anyone that does though)
Frost 3-7
Lex 5-5
Dick 4-6 (this could be worse as well, def a hard 4-6 though)
Raven 4-6
Shazam 5-5 (one match I don't have a ton of xp, so just 5-5 for now, arrow might win it, maybe)
Sinestro 5-5(he might lose this too, I've never played pigs or cowboys, but haven't had troubles with any others. feels even)
Grundy 6-4
Superman 4-6 (might be worse, probably worse)
WWoman 4-6
Lobo 5-5
Batgirl 4-6
Scorpion 4-6

Winning: 4
Even: 11
Loses: 11

Top 10?? he is strong mid tier, but if played well, against someone with no exp, you can make people look foolish with him.

Also the Arrow skin changes all these numbers due to super swag ;)