What's new

Match-up Discussion Shogun's HQ MU Chart

KS_Shogun

Always Bet On Black
What is up guys, hard at EVO training but just wanted to finally make my own MU chart now since the game has been out for a while.This knowledge is based from over 1000+ PS3 & 360 online matches/Local Tournament & Casual play/TYM forum study and also majors study.

Also be sure to check out my channel for tons of HQ matches. http://www.youtube.com/user/ShogunStation/videos

#'s Set (Harley - x)

HQ's Winnable MUs:

Bane 6-4

Lex Luthor 5.5-4.5

Lobo 5.5-4.5

S Grundy 5.5-4.5

HQ's EVEN MU's:

Aquaman 5-5

Batgirl 5-5

Catwoman 5-5

Raven 5-5
(Use Reversal SS on blocked raven grabs and they are safe, learn to block and not jump alot and youll be fine, always block low on ravens block strings, her overhead attack is very noticable)

Flash 5-5

Green Arrow 5-5

Harley Quinn x-x

Doomsday 5-5
(Ppl become too overwhelmed with doomsday when harley has all the tools to go toe to toe with him. Locally i play with one of the best Doomsday players in the U.S if not the best and we constantly go back and fourth, our last local FT10 set was 10-9)

Joker 5-5

Shazam 5-5

Wonder Woman 5-5

HQ's Bad MU's:

Ares 4.5-5.5
(Really wanted to make this 5-5, but ares has the slight advantage, only slight, this is based on online matches with P Gorath & Alucard)

Batman 4-6
(J.2 is really good online, offline batmans advantage may go down .5 but i feel its still in his favor.)

Black Adam 3.5-6.5
(Block low at far range, and block high at close range right?? its not that easy, sure, bad BA's will lose to that but playing a black adam who knows what hes doing is another story. Boot stomp is still safe at the right ranges against harley, but now harleys D.2 can stuff it, so use D.2 more)

Cyborg 4-6

Deathsroke 3.5-6.5
(4-6 offline, but online dash to insta-block doesnt always work)

Green Lantern 4.5-5.5

HawkGirl 3-7
(Played some of the best HGs in the U.S, everything's safe, and HQ cant do alot of dmg off the ways to punish most of HGs wakeup/reversal moves)

Killer Frost 4-6

Nightwing 4-6

Scorpion 4-6
(Instead of ending your bnbs with SS mid-screen, use TS and just lay there, if you play scorpions that love to tele use TS, scorpion will fly over you and you can punish with 1, sure he might start doing hellfire or slide kick, then start doing something else, its part of the meta. MB will whiff too but it will keep scorpion behind you unfortunately =/)

Sinestro 4-6

SuperMan 4-6

zak123

XBL: Phish Head PSN: zak123
I play with BigDofCO as well and have trouble with his doomsday, I don't know where to push buttons honestly. Against his WW we go toe to toe, but Doomsday gives me a lot of problems.

I think Green Lantern is a 5-5 honestly, he absolutely caves to any character that has decent zoning, and you can keep him out pretty easy with pastries.

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
The only ones I disagree with:
Batman: I honestly think it's slightly in Harley's favor 5.5/4.5. You can actually contest him in the air with J1 and on top of that, it's difficult for him to use his trait because he always has to watch for the different variety of projectiles Harley has. Sure Batman does well up close, but it's getting to that range is where he has a problem.

Hawkgirl: I can't say I've played the best Hawkgirls, but Harley does have a legit answer for Hawkgirls wakeups. You can jump forward on her wakeup and it'll beat both her Mace Charge and her backwards jump stance (j2, j2, 112 xx SS into another mixup). From my experience, Hawkgirl has to stay on the ground for most of the match because you can always shoot her out of the air. Like I said, I probably don't have as much HG experience as you do, but 3-7 seems outrageous to me.

Scorpion: This probably used to be 4-6, but with all the nerfs to Scorpion it's at least 5-5, and may even be 5.5/4.5 in HQs favor. With the new nerfs to Scorpion, HQ controls more of the air now. You can now air to air him, you can use guns in the air to make his air teleport whiff etc. Overall, it's just much harder for Scorpion to get his momentum going.

Oh and thank you for saying Aquaman is 5-5, everyone calls me crazy when I say that lol.

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
Seems like a good list, I think Aquaman/Batgirl/WW is a bad matchup though, and Raven is a bit iffy.

But I agree with the rest.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
The only ones I disagree with:
Batman: I honestly think it's slightly in Harley's favor 5.5/4.5. You can actually contest him in the air with J1 and on top of that, it's difficult for him to use his trait because he always has to watch for the different variety of projectiles Harley has. Sure Batman does well up close, but it's getting to that range is where he has a problem.

Hawkgirl: I can't say I've played the best Hawkgirls, but Harley does have a legit answer for Hawkgirls wakeups. You can jump forward on her wakeup and it'll beat both her Mace Charge and her backwards jump stance (j2, j2, 112 xx SS into another mixup). From my experience, Hawkgirl has to stay on the ground for most of the match because you can always shoot her out of the air. Like I said, I probably don't have as much HG experience as you do, but 3-7 seems outrageous to me.

Scorpion: This probably used to be 4-6, but with all the nerfs to Scorpion it's at least 5-5, and may even be 5.5/4.5 in HQs favor. With the new nerfs to Scorpion, HQ controls more of the air now. You can now air to air him, you can use guns in the air to make his air teleport whiff etc. Overall, it's just much harder for Scorpion to get his momentum going.

Oh and thank you for saying Aquaman is 5-5, everyone calls me crazy when I say that lol.
In regards to HawkGirl...the tempo of the match is completely in the HG's favor. Harley has very few options to combat a competant HG.

marc

Noob
I played a good hawkgirl yesterday; apparently, someone practicing for evo.

We went into training mode for about an hour just to look for good punishes for HQ to do to HG and... i'm at a loss i kinda feel this is one of those MUs where you need a pocket character to deal with her. I mean I know it's possible to win, but I need more information to figure out how to deal with her. Up shots aren't reliable to take her out of the air if you do it a couple times then she can float into the range of it then float out as you shoot and punish you. Cupcakes whiff completely, and when she finally decides to come in on you via float/air she can choose which side to dive kick you from and neutral j2/1 randomly hits or misses. It's really frustrating. Then when you happen to get her in the corner doing your oki mass damage, you fuck up once put yourself in the corner and then have to deal with he mix-ups which are nasty. She's like harley in the corner, jesus ouch.

Like Runaway said, she controls the tempo of the fight, which is typically something harley does to other characters in almost every matchup. I personally think it's her biggest strength, and HG just snatches that shit.

I dunno, I'ma go practice some more and just rely on the fact that I rarely if ever find a HG that is an actual main.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
For Hawkgirl in the air I've been using Forward 2, 3 with the F2 whiffing just for the gunshot. The angle of that gunshot is a lot better for anti airing her then the DB1 in my opinion