What's new

Video/Tutorial - Shirai Ryu (Shirai Ryu) During a combo, after an EX move replace B21 string with B2 for same damage %

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
After Takeda (Shirai Ryu) EXs any move into the B21 string the damage scaling seems off as B21 can be just as easily swapped for B2 to do the same amount of damage...

I'm assuming most (if not all) B21 strings after an EX move are affected...

Under normal circumstances, the 1 - 2 % damage difference might not change much to some if this were to get fixed..

But I found that as of now using B2 instead of B21 makes combos easier to pull off since you don't need the extra input to get the same damage %... And this could even allow for more damaging combo strings as well..

@Zyphox
@RedRaptor10

In the case of the video below, the following basic combos do the same damage:

EX Kunai, B21 Teleport, D2 = 33% (7 Hits)
EX Kunai, B2 Teleport, D2 = 33% (6 Hits)

Here are some other basic example combos for reference:

EX Spear Ryu, B21 Teleport, 33, BF1 = 32% (10 Hits)
EX Spear Ryu, B2 Teleport, 33, BF1 = 32% (9 Hits)

EX Spear Ryu, B21 Teleport, D2 = 30% (7 Hits)
EX Spear Ryu, B2 Teleport, D2 = 30% (6 Hits)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update #3
This also helped me to find easier/more damaging combos for Shirai Ryu. For example..

Original: F1 2+4, EX Spear Ryu, B21, Teleport, F3 30% (12 Hits)
New: F1 2+4, EX Spear Ryu, B2, Teleport, D2 32% (10 Hits)

Whereas in the original combo with B21 I could not do anything after teleport except F3 to finish the combo. In the new combo where I only use B2 then teleport it leaves the enemy in the air long enough to get some extra damage with D2 (and the new combo is easier to pull off IMO)...

Update #2
After some more testing in the lab I managed to find only one B21 string after an EX move where the damage scaling was not messed up...

112 EX Fist Flurry, B21 Teleport, D2 = 37% (13 Hits)
112 EX Fist Flurry, B2 Teleport, D2 = 36% (12 Hits)

Oddly enough, when I replace the D2 finisher with 33 BF1, the scaling gets messed up again. Ex:

112 EX Fist Flurry, B21 Teleport, 33 BF1 = 38% (16 Hits)
112 EX Fist Flurry, B2 Teleport, 33 BF1 = 38% (15 Hits)

1% difference still not enough to use B21 instead of B2 IMO, especially considering I have yet to find another combo that I would even use regularly which has a different damage %...

Update #1
Verified same outcome with 6/1 Hotfix

Last edited:

Agoat

Always Be Cmashing
I always assumed that the percentages were rounded to the nearest whole number. I'd guess that's what is happening here.

Nortnauq

QUAN CHI FOR DLC
Can confirm that damage percentages are rounded to nearest whole number.
This combo isn't practical, but I wanted to find an even 50% for demonstration purposes:

JIP 44exBF2 B2xxDB3 33exBF1 B21 DB3

Doing that twice won't kill even though it says that it's a 50% combo.
Not that 1% really makes too much of a difference, just something to be aware of.