What's new

Tech - Shinnok Shinnok: Hell Sparks Chip Strings

First off, I want to give credit to D. R. in the Shinnok general discussion thread for posting the below video:

As you can see, due to the fact that we can burn Hell Sparks on block now, we get enough frame advantage for some great chip damage.

I decided to see if Imposter was capable of anything. After landing a Mimicry and gaining access to the damage boost, we get........chip damage. Lots of chip damage.

Let's work with this. What all can you guys come up with?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
It's not like we'll ever have 3 bars lol but yeah this is cool.

I think in boneshaper F4/F31 xx hell sparks hits all 3 hits so that might be good to MB on the 3rd spark so we'll get some really sweet chip damage.

Braindead

BTW after mimicry if you space and do hell sparks from a bit of a distance can't you get the 3 sparks to connect? Maybe you'll get higher chip damage there. I can see having like 2% more.

BTW after mimicry if you space and do hell sparks from a bit of a distance can't you get the 3 sparks to connect? Maybe you'll get higher chip damage there. I can see having like 2% more.
From what I can tell, spacing out the Hell Sparks for the third hit makes the meter burn not a block string anymore (Raiden can superman before the meter burn connects). Same thing occurs when you try to meter burn the 2nd fireball of an EX Hell Sparks. It's very odd.

Braindead

From what I can tell, spacing out the Hell Sparks for the third hit makes the meter burn not a block string anymore (Raiden can superman before the meter burn connects). Same thing occurs when you try to meter burn the 2nd fireball of an EX Hell Sparks. It's very odd.
You can delay the MB. After a spark hits you have a large window to MB it, if you wait until you hit the MB they can move/attack/whatever. But if you MB it right after they block it they will be jailed.

You can also mix in doing the guaranteed 16% grabs with the mimicry boost after any Hell Park MB on block which is hella plus and will be hella hard to expect and to tech. And when they are waiting for it you can just go for a hit and a new combo - new safe mix up opportunities!!!