What's new

Tech - Boneshaper Shinnok Guaranteed Unblockable (2bar, boneshaper)

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
100% guaranteed unblockable hit that deals 12% (the first ex shoulder does 13% adding up to 25% off an armored reversal). This is very useful for closing out a match if you have meter to spare. This is ONLY applicable to the bone-shaper variation, and it must be Ex'd unfortunately because of its OTG properties. All you need to do is Ex Shoulder -> Ex Unblockable (db1) on the first few possible frames, it's pretty lenient timing.

MB shoulder is the only move that gives enough advantage, other hits like B2 or B31D2 into Ex staff can be tech rolled -> armored / backdashed out of, but thats it (they cant jump/run out, and they must always tech-roll). Here's a quick video demonstrating it, sorry for the quality :\

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
That is the only use I've found for that EX special. Good way to close out a round. I believe you can get the unblockable damage off of hell spark anti airs as well. I still haven't found anything practical for the meterless version except maybe to punish a backdash.

Seeing how the opponent jumps of the ground.... Can you combo off of it in the corner like MK9 Jax from his Ex GP?!)))

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Seems like a waste to me. IMO EX scepter is best after you condition the opponent to delay WU after flipping them over your head 5 times from fast stand scepter slams. Then they lie there and take the 12% OTG like the bitch that they are.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
good find. i can see this for being great for game winning situations where you're playin against someone whos antsy and just wants to push buttons. i wouldn't really use it mid round seeing how important meter is but if i have the meter and it will win me the game or it will win me the round and im about to die ill do it. still havent messed with boner shaper much but this is sweeeeeet

Looked into it a bit and found some other potentially useful places you can get guaranteed MB DB1: after certain DB2 MB heights/gravities, NJP/NJK splatters, and high-enough or late-hitting D2. (And the already mentioned anti-air DB2)

Some examples of what I found (haven't really looked into Boneshaper until just now, so there might be better damage/utility for these?):
1,1,2 xx DB2 (3 hits~MB), run D2, MB DB1 = 40% 2 bars
F221+3~MB DF2, NJP, F221+3~DB2(3 hits~MB), MB DB1 = 49% 3 bars
DB2 (3 hits~MB), dash, DB2 (3 hits~MB), MB DB1 = 34% 3 bars, unbreakable
NJK, MB DB2 = 19% 1 bar

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Looked into it a bit and found some other potentially useful places you can get guaranteed MB DB1: after certain DB2 MB heights/gravities, NJP/NJK splatters, and high-enough or late-hitting D2. (And the already mentioned anti-air DB2)

Some examples of what I found (haven't really looked into Boneshaper until just now, so there might be better damage/utility for these?):
1,1,2 xx DB2 (3 hits~MB), run D2, MB DB1 = 40% 2 bars
F221+3~MB DF2, NJP, F221+3~DB2(3 hits~MB), MB DB1 = 49% 3 bars
DB2 (3 hits~MB), dash, DB2 (3 hits~MB), MB DB1 = 34% 3 bars, unbreakable
NJK, MB DB2 = 19% 1 bar

good shit. all very useful

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
The biggest use I've found is tech traps.
If the opponent tech rolls, the OTG still hits them. Thus, enders like b.2 or hell sparks can net you a free one since the opponent will still be mid-animation when the hit happens.

Ojpaxton

Noob
Areyou playing bone shaper? I'm constantly gaining and using meter for multiple things, I keep a bar on deck but to keep my groove going I gotta spend

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
By the way, if you guys don't know yet, after an EX shoulder you can do scoop almost every time and it does 19%, so it's not completely useless.

Sometimes it whiffs because the juggling of the EX shoulder is just fucked up.