What's new

SHENMUE 3

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
"hey remember that game you guys wanted for a long time? well were not going to make it unless you guys fund it, so its 100% profit! great idea, right guys?"

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
"hey remember that game you guys wanted for a long time? well were not going to make it unless you guys fund it, so its 100% profit! great idea, right guys?"
The kickstarter is 2 million, and the average development budget of a AAA game is like 30-60 million, so they still have a ways to go to cover the development cost.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
The kickstarter is 2 million, and the average development budget of a AAA game is like 30-60 million, so they still have a ways to go to cover the development cost.
theyll easily make 5-10 million, and the stretch goals only go up to 4.5 million which means that the game is already under development or the game with be made cheaply and will make plenty of money. either way this game will sell A LOT, I just think its scummy for sony to come out and want people to pay for the developement of a game when they themselves are a multi-billion dollar industry.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
theyll easily make 5-10 million, and the stretch goals only go up to 4.5 million which means that the game is already under development or the game with be made cheaply and will make plenty of money. either way this game will sell A LOT, I just think its scummy for sony to come out and want people to pay for the developement of a game when they themselves are a multi-billion dollar industry.
I have a feeling Sony gets a kickback for PS4 games sold. In return, they gave some upfront money and press release. I doubt Sony is giving nothing.

The amazing thing is the high costs of Shenmue back in the day was the animation. Animation is MUCH cheaper these days, although the expectations are so high the costs have shot up as well. I think they can give the game in CHAPTERS. So at $2-6 million, we get chapter 1. And then they do a new kickstarter for each new chapter, only the cost drops because the engine and art is already done.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Essentially you're just buying a copy of the game and supporting Yu Suziki. There are a lot of passion projects that developers can't get major publishers to greenlight.. Or can't get the control they want over the project if it's born under the publisher's umbrella. So chances are he's been trying to convince a major publisher for over a decade, and this was the only way to wake them up.

In any case though, whether I buy the game today or at release makes no difference to me, so I just backed the game.

Last edited:

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
At this rate, the $2 million target may be hit before 24 hours. And you know what that means, more money flows in since the game is guaranteed.

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
One part of me is disgusted with an amazing game like Shenmue needing to be in Kickstarter and shitty games just come in year by year *cough Assassins Creed, Call of Duty cough* lol another one was really excited about how they earned so much money between a short time.