What's new

Sheeva hotfix wishlist

I know if the hotfix comes out it will most likely just fix glitches and resets, but one can hope.

If this is truly the last hotfix of all of MK you would have to be very careful not to change too much so the changes to her would have to be very slight. I would make 2 changes to Sheeva in the hotfix.

1. Her F4 is -7 on block. That is horrible. Sheeva has the potential to eat a full combo punish from Sector just off of a blocked poke. I would change F4 on block to be -3.

2. Her bread and butter combo (2,1,2,F1) does 30%. If you were to take the bread and butter combos of the entire cast of MK I am positive that a 30% bnb is very near the bottom of the cast. Sheeva has the largest hitbox in the game and is not compensated for it. True, her big damage comes from a ducking opponent but a skilled opponent just would not get hit by the low grab. It is a gimmicky move at best. For 2,1,2,f1 the 2nd hit of it only does 2% damage. I would buff that to 4% damage. So now her bnb would do 32%.

If there was a full on patch you could do more fun things like her Enhanced Telestomp to have armor on the way down. Or address the major issue I have with Sheeva and that is she has no mid-attacks that combo that aren't horrendously slow. But that would require a lot of testing and would be too dangerous to implement in a hotfix.

Oh and another thing that makes me furious every time I play Sheeva. Why does a bread and butter combo wiff on half of the cast? The 2,1,2,F1 should hit all ducking opponents period. There have been many times when the F1 would wiff and I would eat a whole combo. So bad.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
the only thing I heard they are changing in the hotfix is changing the properties on her stomp to the same as Quan Chi's so you can block and punish (troll alert)

Espio

Kokomo
Good list, I agree, particularly when it comes to her overall BNB damage, for her slower speed, it couldn't hurt to pump that up to balance out her lack of speed.

I'd like to add a Sonya/Mileena down 4 to Sheeva, she has the longest legs, but no long range down 4, what is this ?

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Being a newer Sheeva player, I'm trying a variety of moves/combos to see what may work and what may not. I think her f3 2 should recover a little faster on the 2, it does great damage and has a big range but it can be ducked on the 2 if they block low first and is slower than her uppercut seemingly, I tried that on someone it whiffed (trying it as some kind of a wacky anti air) it was just out of range and they had time to dash in and start a combo. Also as previously mentioned, the f4 could recover a little faster.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Ground Stomp should be cancellable, same as Jax., otherwise it's useless, unless after a forward :ex Grab N Punch.

:ex Grab n Punch should be mid hitting, so you can armour through lows instead of it wiffing, it should be a true armour move.

Slightly better recovery on her Fireball, if it is jumped over once from just under full screen, your screwed.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Ground Stomp should be cancellable, same as Jax., otherwise it's useless, unless after a forward :ex Grab N Punch.

:ex Grab n Punch should be mid hitting, so you can armour through lows instead of it wiffing, it should be a true armour move.

Slightly better recovery on her Fireball, if it is jumped over once from just under full screen, your screwed.
Having it hit overhead would make it as annoying as the change to Noobs overhead tackle haha I'm all for making Sheeva more of a mind game character.

JagoMIH

Noob
Here's what I would like to see changed, some of these ideas might make her too good, or might not help much at all, but see what you think.

I agree F+4 should have a quicker recovery, and maybe a little quicker startup so it can punish things like Ermac push.

Longer range on the low grab.

All three ranges of teleport stomp should have invincibility frames as it descends, so it is not easily countered, and makes it a guessing game.

110% Health

UsedForGlue

Having it hit overhead would make it as annoying as the change to Noobs overhead tackle haha I'm all for making Sheeva more of a mind game character.
Its mid hitting, but the :x hits overhead.

The problem is getting one fireball wrong, and eating a full combo, which puts the last 4 blocked fireballs from the opponent to complete waste.

UsedForGlue

Here's what I would like to see changed, some of these ideas might make her too good, or might not help much at all, but see what you think.

I agree F+4 should have a quicker recovery, and maybe a little quicker startup so it can punish things like Ermac push.

All three ranges of teleport stomp should have invincibility frames as it descends, so it is not easily countered, and makes it a guessing game.

110% Health
I like the idea of her having boss life. I suppose all combos being slightly more scaled on her wouldn't be a bad idea.

And yea, her F4 needs to be a punisher, it needs to be 10%, and be quick on start up, she can't punish wiffed normals for shit.

Espio

Kokomo

I forgot about this, but that would be marvelous if she could ground pound cancel, that would make her become so much more deadly, it would actually allow her to have more applications for her anti-air grab, fireball, and telestomp mind games, she'd be a real trip to fight, people would actually be scared of staying grounded or going airborne and then she could actually bait really risky things like Mileena's roll to blow her up, that would make that match up much closer to even in and of itself.

I love the mid hitting concept on the grab as well, it's very easy to avoid unless you're blindly rushing Sheeva on wakeup.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag

110% Health
I think at least the enhanced teleport stomp should have some invincibility frames on descent at least if not the normal one. It's really stupid that someone like rain can just geyser kick you out of an enhanced move that's easy enough to avoid or Baraka or Kung Lao can just spin. It only gives you armor on jumping up. It has such a long time from startup to hitting them, this way they actually have to try and avoid the enhanced one instead of just getting a free counter for some characters.

JagoMIH

Noob
I think at least the enhanced teleport stomp should have some invincibility frames on descent at least if not the normal one. It's really stupid that someone like rain can just geyser kick you out of an enhanced move that's easy enough to avoid or Baraka or Kung Lao can just spin. It only gives you armor on jumping up. It has such a long time from startup to hitting them, this way they actually have to try and avoid the enhanced one instead of just getting a free counter for some characters.
Yea, I believe everyone can just U+2 her out of her teleport stomp as she comes down, which makes it almost useless unless you're able to whiff punish a slow move with it.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Invincibility frames on her stomp as she descends, giving her longer range on her low grab, and faster recovery on her f4 all sound completely reasonable to me. It's not asking too much at all for Sheeva.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
The ability to cancel her Ground Stomp to play mind games would be really good. It's like you don't know if she will stomp the ground or if you jump away she can throw her Fireball or if you jump towards her be prepared for her Air Grab/Command Grab. Not only that her Teleport Stomp as it is can move her from left to right as mind games currently. Adding her Ground Stomp to play those games would improve her trickiness on the ground.

Her Low Grab/Ex Low Grab could use more range, I don't think it works on Mileena/Sonya's long D4 but extending her reach would definitely help with those type of pokers.

Extending her armor on her Ex Teleport Stomp on the way down would help her a lot since the armor is only on the start up currently when she goes up. Her armor deserves to be like Kung Lao's Ex Teleport full armor.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Invincibility frames on her stomp as she descends, giving her longer range on her low grab, and faster recovery on her f4 all sound completely reasonable to me. It's not asking too much at all for Sheeva.
d4-low grab ftw

AA grab launcher, or en AA grab. Better juggle capabilities off 12B1. Safer F4 or a faster B2, both are great for helping her get in.
2 hitting mid or 3 being faster.

She doesn't really need too much more imo. The main thing I don't like about her currently is her mid screen damage is terrible which hurts her in MU's like Kabal, where she has to work to get in, but even if she does she doesn't do enough damage to make it worth while. ❤

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
the only thing I heard they are changing in the hotfix is changing the properties on her stomp to the same as Quan Chi's so you can block and punish (troll alert)
lol hey, it works sometimes if your opponent's being an overly aggressive fool...but yeah. It's garbage! I admittedly chuckle pretty heartily when it does work.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
lol hey, it works sometimes if your opponent's being an overly aggressive fool...but yeah. It's garbage! I admittedly chuckle pretty heartily when it does work.
I find it works well against Reptiles that just dash all over the screen like maniacs. I can shift it to stomp on their zippy heads.