What's new

Tech shazam throw setup

ok guys so normally if you do any string on block in to high command throw it will not work but i found if you do 2,2 into dbf1 it will grab them like yun in sf when u do cr mp in ex command grab its pretty good sorry for bringing sf into this but im not sure what to give an example but basically ive done this on my friend multiple times and it doesnt seem like he can escape or its very unexpected so try it out is 2,2 xx high command grab SHAZAM

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
ok guys so normally if you do any string on block in to high command throw it will not work but i found if you do 2,2 into dbf1 it will grab them like yun in sf when u do cr mp in ex command grab its pretty good sorry for bringing sf into this but im not sure what to give an example but basically ive done this on my friend multiple times and it doesnt seem like he can escape or its very unexpected so try it out is 2,2 xx high command grab SHAZAM
good find, you can do both grabs from this and set him up for command grab chains, good shit my friend.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Brady was doing this for a while now. It only works on standing opponents, and even tthen, they can just backdash.

It doesn't work on crouching foes

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Brady was doing this for a while now. It only works on standing opponents, and even tthen, they can just backdash.

actually it does it certain characters even while ducking, the thing is you dont want to duck against him, and you can 22 low grab on block as well, shazam one low and like 30 overheads lol

actually it does it certain characters even while ducking, the thing is you dont want to duck against him, and you can 22 low grab on block as well, shazam one low and like 30 overheads lol
its all part of the mixup you understand nothing is guaranteed but all the opponents know is that is a guessing game after 2,2 and low grab or high grab leads to big damage when u mb so again SHAZAM i just wish high command grab wasnt a stupid input impossible to get it online QQ

Not a bad setup, I was just testing it. You'd probably have to know what to look for otherwise you'd easily be free to it.

In this game, I suppose it depends on the matchup, but I'd generally be blocking low and reacting to overheads, so if this is blocked low you can mash d+1 after the 2,2 which would knock Shazam out of any cmd grab startup.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Not a bad setup, I was just testing it. You'd probably have to know what to look for otherwise you'd easily be free to it.

In this game, I suppose it depends on the matchup, but I'd generally be blocking low and reacting to overheads, so if this is blocked low you can mash d+1 after the 2,2 which would knock Shazam out of any cmd grab startup.
Even though Shazam sucks, he does have a really fast overhead.

DreadzTsung

"Darkness is the heart's true essence"
Good advice. I been using this since the game came out. I been abusing his throws. They are very good.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!

When you put the AI on crouch block it catches them when they block the 22. Ithink they have to neutral crouch after the 22 to escape the dbf1

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

Yeah I thought this was known already lol. My roommate has been doing this since he picked him up. It's a pain in the ass to deal with lol.

Edit: Btw, you can still cancel into the low command grab. Also, if you start to backdash he can just psycho crusher. You literally have to guess.

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
When you put the AI on crouch block it catches them when they block the 22. Ithink they have to neutral crouch after the 22 to escape the dbf1
No the practice mode is messed up and ah....how are they going to neutral crouch? Its not possible lol. But it u are playimg a person they can crouch it.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
No the practice mode is messed up and ah....how are they going to neutral crouch? Its not possible lol. But it u are playimg a person they can crouch it.
Do you think that the characters hitbox can be the reason? Maybe some characters with big hitbox can eat the throw even if they crouch. My dummy is the Joker.

i dont know what ya'll have been smoking but there is no mix up after a blocked 22. first off , 22 is -9 , hella unsafe. second if they block the second hit of 22 low they can d1 you out of both torpedo and his throws. you cant even make it safe by cancelling into any special. his teleports, fireball,torpedo, and command throws all get punished by d1, and if your playing against a character like wonderwoman and she knows about 22 , you just ate about 40%