What's new

Tech Shazam Grounded Crossover

CamRac

Noob

***When I say, "I've tried it with Doomsday," I meant that I tried to dash over grounded opponents with Doomsday, and it doesn't work. This is Shazam specific.

The crossover seems to work on every character, regardless of size.

I honestly think this has something to do with Shazam's dash animation, but I'm not sure. Shazam's standard grab 50/50 still applies once he crosses over, as well.

***UPDATES***

This isn't possible after every combo -- only after ones that end with torpedo. In fact, it works after just landing a torpedo.

You can crossover the grounded body within 2-3 seconds of hitting with the torpedo. You don't have to sweep in order to crossover.

If done in the corner, you can take one step and be in the corner. If you do nothing, you are put out of the corner. This will probably catch a lot of people blocking the wrong way.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Good find, I think the best way to use this is to cut your combo short-do the sweep and mixup again in hopes of even more damage.

CamRac

Noob
Good find, I think the best way to use this is to cut your combo short-do the sweep and mixup again in hopes of even more damage.
Good point. I'll try doing it with some different setups later on, and I'll report back in. Something I didn't think to try before is doing it in the corner... Definitely going to have to try that out too.

CamRac

Noob
Okay, I've done some more testing with it, and here's what I found:

1. It's not with every combo. It seems to only work after the torpedo. If you land a torpedo, you have the ability to crossover the opponent's corpse for 2-3 seconds, or something like that. This is why I was able to sweep and still cross over in the video.

2. It is actually interesting in the corner, as long as you end your combo with a torpedo. Right before the opponent gets up (assuming they don't roll), you have the option to step over their body or not.

This has been known for some time now. but there is no threads on it I guess lol. It is Shazam specific as far as i'm concerned
this allows him to do d2 ji2 112 torpedo which is an important combo for shazam

CamRac

Noob
This has been known for some time now. but there is no threads on it I guess lol. It is Shazam specific as far as i'm concerned
this allows him to do d2 ji2 112 torpedo which is an important combo for shazam
And here I was, thinking that I was helping the Shazamers out. lol

But yeah, I didn't see a thread on it - I'm probably just retesting stuff that has already been figured out. Oh well, haha.

Redk9

Noob
This is interesting tech, but holding straight down blocks any sort of cross up. You don't get any real mix up crossing them up on the ground. The main use for this would really be crossing up wake up inputs.

CamRac

Noob
This is interesting tech, but holding straight down blocks any sort of cross up. You don't get any real mix up crossing them up on the ground. The main use for this would really be crossing up wake up inputs.
Good point. If they just hold down though instead of risking a wakeup, couldn't you just get the crouch grab?

Redk9

Noob
Good point. If they just hold down though instead of risking a wakeup, couldn't you just get the crouch grab?
Yes but that has the same effect as you would if you didn't cross up. Also they could not wake up and stand block. They could wake up. They could not wake up and crouch. Or they could not wake up and backdash. Its probably just best to stick with grabbing them on wake up, or baiting a wake up and punishing.

Yes but that has the same effect as you would if you didn't cross up. Also they could not wake up and stand block. They could wake up. They could not wake up and crouch. Or they could not wake up and backdash. Its probably just best to stick with grabbing them on wake up, or baiting a wake up and punishing.
I disagree. Force your opponent to respect the grounded crossup and all of a sudden crouch becomes very attractive. There are always options but this tech lets you manipulate their value.

From another angle, if you don't use the grounded crossup, the other player has 1 less option to defend against.

GAMETIME

I Bring Knives To A Gun Fight !
this is great, the only thing shazam would have to worry about is the charaters that have good wakeup attacks when doing this, i think this can be good if used properly