What's new

General/Other Shazam got some buffs in the patch

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Shazam
  • Increased viability of Shazam’s Teleport when used as a wake up attack.
  • Shazam’s Herculean Might (Down, Back, Forward + 1) on miss is now -17 (down from -27)
  • Shazam’s Achilles’ Clutch (Down, Back + 1) on miss is now -21 (down from -35)
  • Shazam’s Solomon’s Judgment Character Power now activates faster
  • Normalized reaction time for Shazam after escaping an opponent’s throw attempt.
Enjoy!
What do you all think of these update changes?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
BTW every teleport in the game had its viability increased as a wake up option. THAT is gonna change a few things for folks hovering on the character select screen now. I wonder if it was to allow for hard countering of vortexes?

BTW every teleport in the game had its viability increased as a wake up option. THAT is gonna change a few things for folks hovering on the character select screen now. I wonder if it was to allow for hard countering of vortexes?
Universal Teleport buff sounds great at first, but they might get stuffed by certain attacks/vortexes ( I know Catwoman has a lot of tools that stuff wakeups with ease). Definitely going to test them the second the patch hits, along with Batgirl shenanigans. Shazam's wakeup game sounds smexy tho. Oh you trying to do some kinda meaty jump in at me? Nah, teleport forward, 22 punish into vortex, GGS. I'm also hoping the trait speed buff means we'll be able to do it off stuff like 12Back 3 in a juggle and have time to pressure without a jump in. I want to be able to use this damn thing lol.

I wonder how many actual Shazam mains realize that these buffs do absolutely nothing but make the character a slight bit more stable, not actually helping out with his gameplan. Sure, trait might be usable now, but it was already usable, just play on fortress of solitude and you got trait no matter which side of the stage you used for free mid combo already.

tl;dr give me back my throw bug and you can have the rest of the 'buffs' back.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
I wonder how many actual Shazam mains realize that these buffs do absolutely nothing but make the character a slight bit more stable, not actually helping out with his gameplan. Sure, trait might be usable now, but it was already usable, just play on fortress of solitude and you got trait no matter which side of the stage you used for free mid combo already.

tl;dr give me back my throw bug and you can have the rest of the 'buffs' back.
No.The throw bug was just that,a bug.

I can confirm that teleport is good on wake-up.Trait's off hardknockdown.Might actually start taking him seriously now.

MrAvA

Smashing.
Shazam is my 2nd main and if you can trait cancel like superman or use it after a hard knockdown then I guess I wont be dealing with superman's bad MU anymore :).

CCVengeance

Shazam is my 2nd main and if you can trait cancel like superman or use it after a hard knockdown then I guess I wont be dealing with superman's bad MU anymore :).
It is not fast enough for combos but again garanteed knockdown gives it some utility especially in corner.
LBSH Shazam still bottom 5 BUT at least he has a fighting chance now.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Are yo guys serious? This trait buff is a HUGE buff. Especially off a hard kockdown? Do you realise how fast shazam can literally end the match now?

Im really bout to kick ass with him now lmao some of you guys have no clue what they have done.

CCVengeance

Are yo guys serious? This trait buff is a HUGE buff. Especially off a hard kockdown? Do you realise how fast shazam can literally end the match now?

Im really bout to kick ass with him now lmao some of you guys have no clue what they have done.
Upload some of your matches when you are done.I need to study up on Shazam.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I don't think you guys realized how big the throw whiff buffs are. Shazam is no longer punished for backspacing his 22 xx command throw stuff. He's actually at frame advantage vs most characters.

I don't think you guys realized how big the throw whiff buffs are. Shazam is no longer punished for backspacing his 22 xx command throw stuff. He's actually at frame advantage vs most characters.
Backspacing? Can you explain? I thought he was at -17 and -20something for HM and AC, respectively.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I have no idea what backspacing is supposed to mean.

22 xx command throw is NOT plus though. Still very very punishable.