What's new

Shattered Alliances Part 4 - The Society this Thursday!

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Last edited:

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Can we expect this same amount of content every week until launch? I don't want to get my hopes up here, but there are a lot of characters in this game, and 5/16 is coming up quick.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Can we expect this same amount of content every week until launch? I don't want to get my hopes up here, but there are a lot of characters in this game, and 5/16 is coming up quick.
If they want to they can cover everyone. We've already had a lot of characters covered by either a gameplay trailer or a stream breakdown. Then there are characters like Superman and Batman who don't need any sort of breakdown. I think they'll cover at least 90% by release at this rate.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Joker reveal incoming.
I don't think so, they always make it clear when a character reveal was coming. Plus, Joker isn't the kind of character that would join up with all the other villains to try and rule over the world. He wouldn't fit with the Society.

If anything, I'm hoping for some footage of premier skins like Mr. Freeze, Professor Zoom and Power Girl.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
^ Yeah, I wouldn't expect a character reveal this time unless the website is updated between now and then. Maybe premier skins.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Man, the hype is real.

I wish they had stuck to the release schedule of the other NRS games. That would mean we'd have the game like, next week.

1 month to go.

myri

Time Warrior
I don't think so, they always make it clear when a character reveal was coming. Plus, Joker isn't the kind of character that would join up with all the other villains to try and rule over the world. He wouldn't fit with the Society.

If anything, I'm hoping for some footage of premier skins like Mr. Freeze, Professor Zoom and Power Girl.
It doesn't matter if Joker is with the Society or not, he can still be the reveal. Besides that he may not be the first to stick his hand up for it but Joker is absolutely willing to work with other villians, the distinction is really just that he will work WITH them but not FOR them so yeah I don't see him playing a second fiddle to Grodd but there is no reason at all he can't be the reveal.

These trailers follow a pattern, trailer one, about Superman and the Regime, we get Cyborg, who is aligned with the Regime and is a returning character. Trailer two was about Batman and the Insurgency, we get Green Lantern and Green Arrow, both aligned with the Insurgency now and both returning characters. Trailer three was about Supergirl and we got Black Adam. Fair enough there isn't much of a correlation there as far as I could tell but it is yet another returning character. These trailers are spaced two weeks apart perfectly every time. It makes absolute sense to have Joker be revealed in this trailer since he is A) A villian, which this trailer will be chock full of and B) he is a returning character. I have very little doubt this pattern will be broken.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Man, the hype is real.

I wish they had stuck to the release schedule of the other NRS games. That would mean we'd have the game like, next week.

1 month to go.
I believe the game was unintentionally delayed, probably due to voice actor strikes (Deadshot for example).

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
It doesn't matter if Joker is with the Society or not, he can still be the reveal. Besides that he may not be the first to stick his hand up for it but Joker is absolutely willing to work with other villians, the distinction is really just that he will work WITH them but not FOR them so yeah I don't see him playing a second fiddle to Grodd but there is no reason at all he can't be the reveal.

These trailers follow a pattern, trailer one, about Superman and the Regime, we get Cyborg, who is aligned with the Regime and is a returning character. Trailer two was about Batman and the Insurgency, we get Green Lantern and Green Arrow, both aligned with the Insurgency now and both returning characters. Trailer three was about Supergirl and we got Black Adam. Fair enough there isn't much of a correlation there as far as I could tell but it is yet another returning character. These trailers are spaced two weeks apart perfectly every time. It makes absolute sense to have Joker be revealed in this trailer since he is A) A villian, which this trailer will be chock full of and B) he is a returning character. I have very little doubt this pattern will be broken.
There's also another element to this pattern you're forgetting: The website. When a character is to be revealed there's always a date provided. But in this case? Nothing. We shouldn't expect a Joker reveal in this Shattered Alliance trailer until the website is updated to show the numbers "4.06.17". Until then, expect nothing.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I'm pretty sure Joker be here

I noticed for the legacy character they reveal them in story more ot reveal them in a montage with new chars.

Because it's not great hype to see a char getting its own trailer revealed when they're basically the same as I1 to the eye.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
To counter the argument that legacy characters don't deserve their own trailer, people have to remember that this is the Joker we are talking about. Most popular villain in all of comics and the starting point for the entire Injustice universe. If any legacy character deserves the spotlight, it's him.

Gamer68

Fujin!
So I'm assuming there won't be character reveal this time around? They haven't mentioned anything about a reveal and the site hasn't updated or anything either...

I suppose they could be trying to surprise us, but I kinda doubt it. I'm fine with it, though. Maybe we will see one of the other premier skins at least?