What's new

Combo Video - Shaolin Shaolin optimal midscreen damage (interactables)

Trustypatches

PSN: Boweeen, Twitch: rBoweeen
Credit to Kingrashaan/Googleglass for showing me how you can convert meterless midscreen with the use of interactables! Him showing me that lead to me actually looking further into these.

Shaolin's meterless damage is normally pretty ass due to how he has no pop up potential with/after strings midscreen. As a result, it's normally string xx upkick, shaolin drop for 24% or less. More optimal punishes (using njp, instant jumps and divekicks) can get around 28% but without a bar midscreen, the damage won't really get higher. However, by cancelling strings with interactables, Jin can get higher meterless damage by using his divekick.

Using these you can get around 10% more damage from the same starters so it is very significant. For example, you can punish with a 9f s3 to get 35% meterless damage into oki.

Another great thing about this is how you get away pretty safely after the full string, whilst being able to check them with safe ex divekicks which will jail after most of the strings used.

If you use interactable combos whilst spending a bar you will get up to 5% more than you normally would with the same starters. This gives him pretty significant midscreen damages that can be around 41%.

This is just a quick video I made in about an hours worth of playing in the beta to show that these are very viable to land in games without having to fish for them.

(Stealing other players Kung Jin tags)
@RM NoBrows
@KIllaByte
@Kinetic CoRzz
@TackyHaddock
@Renzokuken
@ID_Moi_LSac
@stamatis
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@YOMI SLAYER
@xGunShow
@Darth Rambo
@gibster13

Last edited:

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Is the timing strict for 343 xx Interactable xx DK? I can land the divekick from b123 and f243 consistently but can't seem to do so with 343.

EDIT: nevermind I think I figured out the problem, it's a very specific position that the 343 needs to be started from. If Kung Jin ends up slightly in front of the interactable it whiffs.

Last edited:

Trustypatches

PSN: Boweeen, Twitch: rBoweeen
EDIT: nevermind I think I figured out the problem, it's a very specific position that the 343 needs to be started from. If Kung Jin ends up slightly in front of the interactable it whiffs.
Yeah exactly, sorry I should have mentioned that. Personally I just use 221 as the scaling and damage is almost as good but positioning isn't an issue and it is far easier to convert off in general. I more showed 343 just to show some of the highest possible damages.