What's new

Shao Kahn's Origins from tabmok99

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
tabmok99 is back at it with a new video. This week, we've got Shao Kahn's origins: what the Emperor of Outworld is, and why you are wrong for thinking his mom's a dragon and his dad's a Tarkatan.

Not going to spoil the surprise here, but it's the usual affair from the walking-talking Mortal Kombat encyclopedia. Shorter video this time around, but you may be surprised to know that Mortal Kombat: Annihilation gets things closer than you might have originally thought. As always, it's pretty neat and you might learn something new before tomorrow's Kombat Kast where we may or may not finally see Shao Kahn in action (don't get your hopes up). Video is posted below

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Did it blow anyone else's mind to find out Lucifer is canon in MK?
Well hell(the weird amalgam of a bunch of underworld concepts that it is in this series, the Netherrealm) has been a known physical place with monsters and demons in it in the games for a long time, wouldn’t be too surprised if a bunch of them are from various religions and legends and whatnot

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I always thought it was canon Raiden and Shao Kahn being brothers. I didn't know it was a movie-only thing.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Well hell(the weird amalgam of a bunch of underworld concepts that it is in this series, the Netherrealm) has been a known physical place with monsters and demons in it in the games for a long time, wouldn’t be too surprised if a bunch of them are from various religions and legends and whatnot
Friend put it in an interesting way: you can look at the One Being as "God" and the Elder Gods as angels who were like "fuck you dad" but were able to just get by doing their own thing

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Okay, so he is a god. But what is he the god of? We have Raiden, the god of thunder. We have Fujin, the god of wind. We have a water god and a fire god. And Shao Khan? Is he the god of war or strength or something? Or are there gods, who don't command certain elements / concepts maybe? And him being a god basically just makes him immortal.