What's new

Shao Kahn Announcer Voice Now in the Premium Store for 1000 crystals!

Art Lean

Noob
Following on from Cangaceiro Kano and Kold War Skarlet, we're started to at last get more interesting stuff in the store, because as of today Shao Kahn's announcer voice is available from 1000 time crystals for the next few days.

I literally got to a point in the advanced combos section of the tutorial that for me was completely and utterly impossible so had resigned myself to never unlocking it. It's all moves and fighting techniques I'll never use, understand, remember or be good enough to use effectively so was very frustrated I couldn't get any further (the character ones by contrast are dead easy). However, finally I can actually use my 3000 crystals for something I'd really wanted and didn't think I'd be able to get!

Here's hoping the rumoured Shang Tsung announcer voice follows soon... and maybe, just maybe... Young Justice Liu Kang!!! PLEASE?

Last edited:

smoke420

Noob
It's the best announcers available right now, but 1000 crystal is bs. Its not that hard to get all tutorials finished imho.

What would be sick is a shao Khan announcer with him giving encouragement with different moves...like they had in old games & mk9 .

Nothing like uppercut a teleport from scorpions bitch ass & hearing "superb !"

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
i don't want to play tutorial, i don't want to learn the mechanics in this game but i want to play it for some reason and somehow i desire successful matchups in online. if i lose i am gonna login to TYM and complain about several nonsense things. Brave New World.

Gaxkang

Banned
That's pricey but folks should able to complete the tutorial stuff. Some of the advanced stuff is a bit annoying to do because of the game design but ya gotta keep at it.

Any Shang voice better not be premium only tho. :p

Art Lean

Noob
i don't want to play tutorial, i don't want to learn the mechanics in this game but i want to play it for some reason and somehow i desire successful matchups in online. if i lose i am gonna login to TYM and complain about several nonsense things. Brave New World.
But I don't play it online? I'm nearly 40 and loved MK for the lore and characters since I was 10, I just like to play it for fun, the story and the characters. With MK11 I like to murder a ninja in a costume of my construction after a bad day at work. I literally don't know what frame data or whiffs are. But I know that Sub Zero fires ice, looks awesome in the old school ninja skin they released and his new spinal rip fatality rarely gets old.

I tried and tried, I pressed the buttons it said to press and it doesn't register because I clearly have no rhythm. And I know that from dance floors in nightclubs for my entire adult life haha.

In old games I played to find out what happened to, say, Reptile, and just look forward to the sequel to see what happened next, whilst at the same time I liked to see what brutally murderous methods I could win my matches with along the way. My gameplay fighting ability was always just "harpoon + uppercut + repeat = fatality = sadistic pleasure". I played my 9 year old son the other day (no fatalities) and used Kabal whom I'd like to consider I'm pathetically "best at" with. I can beat the CPU on brutal with minimal konsumables to combat theirs with. He still got a round against me with button mashing, so accept I suck terribly.

But I'll be there on opening night to see the new MK movie, because I love the characters, story and mystical violence :)

So you know, yay, I don't have to struggle anymore to unlock something I was never going to unlock otherwise.

It's the best announcers available right now, but 1000 crystal is bs. Its not that hard to get all tutorials finished imho.
Funnily enough I'm still not even using it, I love the Kronika announcer voice for its freshness after all these decades and have done since the moment I unlocked it. She's so beautifully cold and stoic, absolutely love it. Unless a Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa pack is released, I never see myself changing from it. But the OCD in me wanted the Kahn announcer back... because Kahn announcer pack haha. :D

Last edited:

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter

What would be sick is a shao Khan announcer with him giving encouragement with different moves...like they had in old games & mk9 .

Nothing like uppercut a teleport from scorpions bitch ass & hearing "superb !"
It’s strange, I remember tutorial reward voice and it’s very different from the one they’re selling now. The announcer pronounces every option in the game like Modes, characters, towers, etc. And his voice doesn’t sound like Shao Kahn’s outside of the character select screen lol

Personally I don't think you were missing much, that announcer just doesn't sound good at all imo.
That said, I don't like any of the extra announcers anyway...

Unless a Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa pack is released
This is the only thing short of Keith that would get me to change announcers.