What's new

Shangs anti crossup tech

use up skull... I KNOW ITS SLOW! but hear this out
when your getting crossed up and do a up skull the up skulls creation instance will move possition in order to hit the character thats crossing you up. the up skulls spawn will track the crossing up character. this will allow the player to have enough time to do this on reaction to the jump. then you can combo them after wards.

i cant comfirm if this works for sektors up missiles. one thing is for sure i couldn't get it to work myself and with shang it works every time.

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
question: if somebody decides to simply crossover jump punch over and over, can you punish that behavior with upskull? I had a feeling that it is too slow to be used as an anti crossup

yeah it works, but constant jip is still a bitch. this tech will require a good read, but you do not need to fire it off at the same time as they jump, you will have time to react. after getting hit be a jip you will have to try to get out of there.

Phosferrax: thanx for answering the questions. your da coolest < 3

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Shangs anti cross up tech, is spam d3. It lowers his hitbox by so much that only a deep jump kick can hit him on cross up. Works all the time for me. Just be careful, this can turn into a habit and as far as I know, Shang is the only one with this kind of hitbox off of a d3.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Just picked him up & cross ups & wake ups are a big problem for me & the spam d3 sounds good to me.

Also, whats the best block string to use?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Off a jump-in punch use 221~gS, it's easily hit-confirmable and is his most damaging combo starter. Other than that, f4~gS is the way to go. Throwing in f434~uS/SS, depending on which character you're facing occasionally is really good too.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Cheers, im finding Shang tough to use as im an aggresive player (main Reptile) & I find myself charging in with Shang.

Is he best used a zoner?

Cheers, im finding Shang tough to use as im an aggresive player (main Reptile) & I find myself charging in with Shang.

Is he best used a zoner?
He can do both, but he's definitely better up close. Read the belial guide thats stickied on this forum , its a tad outdated but its got enough relevant info to get you started.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I play online with lag mostly so using Shang is a bit of a disaster, this combined with not being good with him makes it impossible.

Good character tho, wish I could use him.

OmyMk

Noob
From a Jip i find b1,2,1,4 the best blockstring:
- more chip damage/meter build than 2,2,1 or f4,3,4
- includes an overhead
- easy to hit confirm after 3rd hit
- ended with close US provides great mind-games. 2 scenarios: opponent still blocks, not knowing wich upskull is, so another block string; or opponent tries to punish and eats up skull, leading to massive damage. Teleporters or chars with super fast specials like Reptile, blow theese scenarios up.
-ending with close GS (not a frame trap) leads to an opening for ex SS. Works usually on high level opponents who know this is not a frame trap so they would try to make their move.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
From a Jip i find b1,2,1,4 the best blockstring:
- more chip damage/meter build than 2,2,1 or f4,3,4
- includes an overhead
- easy to hit confirm after 3rd hit
- ended with close US provides great mind-games. 2 scenarios: opponent still blocks, not knowing wich upskull is, so another block string; or opponent tries to punish and eats up skull, leading to massive damage. Teleporters or chars with super fast specials like Reptile, blow theese scenarios up.
-ending with close GS (not a frame trap) leads to an opening for ex SS. Works usually on high level opponents who know this is not a frame trap so they would try to make their move.

Cheers, I'll just be using him as sort of a 'mess around character' (if theres no lag) cos online hes a mess.

Cheers again