What's new

Shang Tsung's 4 into up skull

As you all know, Shang Tsung's 4 or BK is a stagger kick. Is there some hidden potential with this move since the upskull is guaranteed after the stagger??

Ok so the reset goes like this. Please feel free to comment.

BK (stagger), up skull, above skull, far up skull, EX far upskull, (back up little bit), Uppercut, far up skull, EX up skull.

I just really haven't seen anybody talk about his standing BK stagger kick.

Also, i believe that this move is unsafe, however, is it safe at a distance?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
no...use the full combo...f434.

why not use it and get the chip...or hit confirm and do df4 en ground skull whatever.

Rabid Justice

Your Soul Is Mine
The only time 4 is ever usable is at a start of a match. It just happened to have enough reach to hit them in a first round. It has no other uses. just way to much start up and is punishable by combo of choice on block or wiff.

Any follow up is blockable after 4. In training mode, put enemy to auto block and any follow up to the stagger gets blocked. First thing I tested with the formidable Shang Tsung.

Any follow up is blockable after 4. In training mode, put enemy to auto block and any follow up to the stagger gets blocked. First thing I tested with the formidable Shang Tsung.
Staggers can be blocked out of, however thats the only way. So a jump in punch + throw after stagger is garantueed.