What's new

Shang Tsung - Wishlist

So what do we want to see from Shang in updates?

Here's some of my ideas:
1) Add overhead properties to all Up Skulls. Good for mixups
2) Make Straight Skull is more quiker at start up, or make it more damaging.
3) If opponent hits Shang while he do E-Ground Skull, all three skulls must out from ground anyway. Good for punishing projectile spamers.

So what do we want to see from Shang in updates?

Here's some of my ideas:
1) Add overhead properties to all Up Skulls. Good for mixups
2) Make Straight Skull is more quiker at start up, or make it more damaging.
3) If opponent hits Shang while he do E-Ground Skull, all three skulls must out from ground anyway. Good for punishing projectile spamers.
Why are you looking for all Shang Tsung buffs this early in the lifespan of the game? Why don't you learn to play your character first.

Even one of those 3 would likely break the character lol. Only thing i would really want would be a faster uppercut or a better wakeup option, but those aren't needed at all.

Why are you looking for all Shang Tsung buffs this early in the lifespan of the game? Why don't you learn to play your character first.
Its just disscussion, man.
Even one of those 3 would likely break the character lol. Only thing i would really want would be a faster uppercut or a better wakeup option, but those aren't needed at all.
Tell a concrete ideal about a wake ups, please? Its very interesting.

If you want to discuss Shang Tsung, discuss his current form since it is very well rounded and strong. If up-ball was overhead you would combine it with f3,4 jugglestarter for unavoidable juddgle.

Maybe stuff that doesn't relate to balance could be put up in this thread.. because I kind of like the idea of having a timer for how long you are shape shifted.

Its impossible, because Up Skull has a recovery and f3,4 has a long start up.
You have time to jump in to time it with the up skull, im pretty sure you could get in for a f3,4 if you are close range (ofc he can wakeup with something, but then you can just block and punish)

RamenO

It Stinks!
*Blows dust off thread*

How about a buff to the hittable box of his X-Ray? It's about his only solid wake up move to keep people honest when rushing you down, but the damn thing can be crouched.

Of all the characters in the game, this has the oddest hit detection of all of them. It doesn't reach far at all, but when done in a combo(ground skull launchers) it seems to reach even further.

How about giving it that long range naked, and letting it hit crouched/grounded characters.

Shang needs a lot of things imo(buffing some of his normals in particular), but I feel this one isn't asking much given how weak his wakeup game is and how unlikely you'll have X-Ray anyway because of how meter heavy all his combos are.

Kwon

---->----
Why not a Green Mist teleport?

Shang Tsung is easily outnumbered and cornered at 7:07
A mist-form teleport would settle it, enabling escape from rushdown situations.

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
Why not a Green Mist teleport?

Shang Tsung is easily outnumbered and cornered at 7:07
A mist-form teleport would settle it, enabling escape from rushdown situations.
@7:07 nothing happens.

A mist-form teleport like Akuma/Smoke port that he does in between rounds would rock so hard.