What's new

Shang Tsung Video Guide

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
Some people want a shang video guide to go along with the written one for better understanding of the character. I am planning on putting one together and wanted to get all the shang player's input on what all topics i should discuss so that nothing is left out. Right now im looking at touching:
1. Basics
2. Pressure
3. Setups
4. Combos
5. Corner Game
6. How to fight against him
7. Zoning

I want to do #6 cause alot of people still ask me how to get out of his pressure and if we let the community know it will make us better by not relying on the same things that only work on people that dont know the MU.

WoundCowboy DetroitBalln LETHAL LEGEND and any other shang mainers. Also I will start working on this next Thursday or Friday.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
do it man,shangs my secondary and favorite mk9 character.really looking forward to this.i was in a xbox live party with a complete noob the other day wanting to learn shang tsung so i sat with the guy for a hour going through strings,combo's,pokes etc.fair enough im very far from the best person for him to take advice from but he's only been playing like 3 months.its a shame alot of really good players dont feel the same about helping people get into the game(you know who you are)

NKZero

Noob
Khaotic_xShangx you might also want to look into the legitimacy of his zoning and how it works e.g. using up skulls and once they are blocked having a guaranteed ground skull to respect. using soul steal for spacing, straight skull etc. so maybe a seperate "topic" for zoning or whatever.

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
Khaotic_xShangx you might also want to look into the legitimacy of his zoning and how it works e.g. using up skulls and once they are blocked having a guaranteed ground skull to respect. using soul steal for spacing, straight skull etc. so maybe a seperate "topic" for zoning or whatever.
ill add that in...thanks

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
what do u mean by a morph guide? Just throw me an example and I'll understand what u are saying.
I'm going to assume here, but by "morph guide" he means that if you morph into a character, you have a relatively easy combo to use. I.E You morph into Reptile, you use 122 FFB BnB.

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
I'm going to assume here, but by "morph guide" he means that if you morph into a character, you have a relatively easy combo to use. I.E You morph into Reptile, you use 122 FFB BnB.
Ok ill explain some of the stuff i do when i morph cause u have to keep ur combos simple depending on when u morphed and what time u started the combo and be aware of when u are about to change back so that u can possibly end the combo with another morph. Usually when I morph into certain characters like JC, Sonya, and Lao, for example, people never want to come near you because of the 30% increase in damage.

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
Khaotic_xShangx I mean like a general guide to cover the process of morphing (both ex and regualar) and morph-back. I would be happy to do this myself since I morph more than any shang player.
I get what ur saying now. I will discuss it in the basics area of the guide once i discuss all his normals and specials with there uses or u can make a video if u want.

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
If anyone wanted any questions answered, post them in this thread or pm me, and I will address them in the guide as they show up through the subjects. My converter comes in tomorrow so i will start working on part 1. Thanks to all who have contributed to making this possible.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
Last Skarlet guide that was showcased in the frontpage was good imo. Simple and direct to the point.
You could use that layout or something alike.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Particularly, what is the issue with being able to block the second hit of soul steal?
It's height dependant, although it shouldn't be 2 hits anyway. It doesn't really matter midscreen, but when you're in the corner it really hurts Shang's wake-up game.