What's new

Strategy Shadow Flash + Staved Normals invincibility CONFIRMED

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Jade top 5?
I don't believe in rankings. I'm just saying, her active frames are bitchin' good and she's very dangerous on wakeup with shadowflash. The problem is that she's about as execution heavy as Skarlet with these shenanigans. You have to bf3 and then pick the right move and sell it at the right moment. All JustFrames.

Wakeup game is:

WakeupFlash + n2 for high/jumpers
WakeupFlash + n3 for mid/pressure
WakeupFlash + df4 for zoners

WakeupSlam against straight rushdown/poke pressure.
WakeupShadowkick against zoners.

Haven't tried wakeup boomerang but I think that gets you blown up. Somebody confirm.

Gruff757

The Gruff
On wakeup you do get iFrames with even non-enhanced specials so that speaks for her too. But no.
That's all it takes. For the staff to be in aFrames and Glow to be on.
so this basically requires the ability to accurately do the dial combos as soon as you glow at a rapid pace (something jade players should know how to do anyway), correct?

Goldi

Noob
Oh, wow! Great finds <3 I can't wait to play around with these tonight!

We may finally have an answer for Kenshi!!

ETA - Tomorrow I'll try to get some videos of this if I can do it :D

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Nothing else matters to Jade as long as she can't punish with 12 Staff overhead, or 4 staffover head, and her general damage needs to be buffed.

Punishment is her problem. Its a massive problem.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Believe me, I have tried.
I believe you, Jay and you are the best player that I have had the fortune to fight, but I still believe that you went for greener pastures too fast. Not blaming or judging or lecturing you here, all I'm saying is, Jade is there, she is viable, hard as arse to run right, and unless you love her guts she'll be fierce annoying to get going.
I get that you aren't too interested in her but she ain't a waster.
If anything, let me bang me head against you a few times yet, so I can improve.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I am confused by this as well.

If it's only during active frames then this doesn't really seem to alleviate any of her problems. Staff grab is too slow and can be poked out of before active frames, 2 is 13 frames and can be poked out of before active frames, 4F3 against the wind is risky. It just seems like her active frames are still to slow for this to stop any advancing pressure unless you make one HELL of a read.

Please correct me if I am wrong, because I really want to be wrong.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I am confused by this as well.

If it's only during active frames then this doesn't really seem to alleviate any of her problems. Staff grab is too slow and can be poked out of before active frames, 2 is 13 frames and can be poked out of before active frames, 4F3 against the wind is risky. It just seems like her active frames are still to slow for this to stop any advancing pressure unless you make one HELL of a read.
This is why I said (after 10+ thousand games with her, no less) that there is no such thing as a perfect Jade because all of her game is spacing and reading. I've been called a seer before, for reading my opponent three moves ahead, but the sad truth is I just know flowchart Lao by now. I'm simply not high enough skill to go toe to toe with a lot of people, but I'm good enough a reader to know that if we had one very high level player (world top 5) pick her up and give her the amount of love I have given, she would be considered top tier in no time.

Please correct me if I am wrong, because I really want to be wrong.
You are right in your own say, but do remember that Jade is all about timing and spacing. To read when your opponent is going to move in for pressure and toss out that i13, know when they'll feign into a crouch and i14 them, or be on the lookout for i9-ing them out of anything they may attempt, or back out/duck out and b1/b2 like I do a lot of the time already.
Jade, is the hardest character in the cast to get right imo. Simply because her tools are so much on the edge.