What's new

Strategy Shadow Flash + Staved Normals invincibility CONFIRMED

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Alright guys. I'll need a vid of this.

During normals where Jade's staff is in active frames shadowflash gives the staff impenetrability for specials approaching on the staff's hit level.
Read:
2 in 23f2
f2 in 23f2
f2 in f212
1 in f212
both 2 in 122
u3's highest point
added:
2 in b32
b2 hits for combo if the hit level is on the level of the approaching move.

during Shadowflash all halt or ignore fast advancing specials including Reptile's dash and Kabal's dash, enhanced as well.

Active frames of:

n2
n3
f3 in 4f3
override frame data during Shadowflash if the move's hitbox becomes active at peak distance.

Both properties are related to how Shadowflash alters Jade's hurtbox properties, in many cases even lowering her hitbox. Shadowflash + n2 is her new anti-air, ladies and gentlemen.

Espio

Kokomo
This perplexes me quite a bit as well...I mean I get what you're saying about shadow flash altering her hitbox, I think at least lol.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Im so confused...
He's saying that if you do one of the staff normals he listed in the OP, the staff attack will stuff any special attack the enemy uses. Because the flash already beats projectiles, while flashing, Jade beats all special moves int he game if timed right.

Wait, I forget, what about Kung Lao Spin?

Gruff757

The Gruff
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.......whoa

whats all the commotion here?

whats all this Im hearing about staffs stuffing specials in active Flash frames

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
so is this situational or what?
Explanation as far as I can decipher. I could be wrong:

Terminology:
Hitbox - The object surface which interacts.
Hurtbox - The object surface with which the hitbox interacts.
Glow - Shadowflash
enGlow - Shadow Glow
aFrame - Active Frame, in which a move's hitbox is capable of hitting a hurtbox.
iFrame - Invincibility Frame in which the character will not be effected by

Required conditions for the iFrames setup:
+ Jade has Glow active
+ A Staff move is in its aFrames
IF~
~ the staff's hitbox collides with the special move's hitbox - The special passes through. (Reptile)
~ the staff's hitbox collides with the special move's hurtbox - The special is interrupted. (Kabal)

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
No guys, this is not the thread where we discuss other characters. Feel free to make a similar thread in any other characters' topic. :D