What's new

Several UMK3 online question!

Hi all! im glad i finally found a MK community,its bieng more then a years since me and my best friend play UMK3 on Mame and DS,were not top-player just hardcore gamer loving the game for what it is(its unique),and we only play MK1/2 and UMK3,just wanted to said it.

Since i only have 1 friends playing Video games im wondering something,

Where do you guys play online? X360 version was remove before we can get our hands on it so is there a way get it or does it will eventually come back on live? any rumors?

The DS version seem awful online,i hate small the controller(i have big hands might get a 1st gen ds for this lol) and can you point out some DS only glitch? can we cheat online on DS or the engine is just totally fuck-up online?

Kaillera seem to be dead and im wondering if people still playing online?

I didnt have time to check the forums alot so im just asking some basic quesiton,feel free to send link to wiki and stuff any help is welcome!

Many thx/Best regards!
PS:sorry for my grammar im french canadian! :confused:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Moved to tournaments and online matching making, seems like a better place and will get more attention.

thx shock!

Ive done research and i found out almost everything i need.

I just notice the new "kaillera server" Mame P2P and now i understand why Kaillera seem pretty much dead.

I have a technical question,when i start mame64k(only this one,dled from anti3d.com,119 work fine) there a pop-up window(look at the attach file),the link on the pop-up is dead...im on a toshiba laptop,ati/amd(never again) running on Win7pro,can anyone help me with this shit? i googled and googled and i havnt found shit sir!

thx for looking your welcome to reply via pm!

Edit:Ill decided to post the Mame pop-up since cant watch attach file.
Mame32k has detected an old version of comctl32.dll
Game properties,many config options and features are not available without and updated dll
Please install the common control update found at:
"Insert dead link"
Would you like to continue without using the new features?
Yes/No

Like the msg said,if i click no it shut mame,if i click yes i can play with shitty sound and cant config anything except directly in a game like the inputs and stuff...its not critical but it suck!

Attachments

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I've tried to solve this but have thus far been unsuccessful. If I get a chance I'll try again but it doesn't look there's anything you can do.

I've tried to solve this but have thus far been unsuccessful. If I get a chance I'll try again but it doesn't look there's anything you can do.
oh crap im glad im not the only one but danm! If i found something ill post it for sure.

Last,
I might look like a F#cking noob now but i dont know anyone who can help me right now,im wondering how IRC works? yeah its that noob,i dont know wich IRC provider is good for window,how its work or anything about IRC...it might be my last step before bieng able to fully enjoy UMK online properly(&...my stick buttons layout).

Ill keep doing research but feel free to post link and/or quick tutorial about IRC.

Best regards!

There's a lovely guide on the SRK forums concerning online play. I'm in the IRC channel they mention as well.
All set! except my port forward problem...we try to play earlier btw.

Even GGPO doesnt connect to peer so i need to do some work on my own for now on.

I use solve my IRC question and eveything!

Many THX MKK!(for all your post on srk and ultimamk)