What's new

[Sep 7, 2013] Godlike Saturdays (September 2013 edition) (Indianapolis, IN)

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO TAKE A LOOK AT OUR NEW SCHEDULE SINCE NOW WE WILL GO FROM 10:00AM UNTIL 10:00PM

https://www.facebook.com/events/228003514013359/

Please visit the Net Battles YouTube page to view archives of matches from previous events at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/netbattles

$10 admission fee for those playing in the tournament and/or would like to play casuals.
$5 admission fee for those spectating only or if you bring a station.

Tournaments entry fees varies depending on the game. Scroll down to find out everything corresponding to each game.

NET BATTLES is proud to present GODLIKE SATURDAYS. Indianapolis' monthly tournament series. If you would like to be part of the growth for the FGC in the Midwest and showing the world that we are here, come support this event. We will have many different tournaments: SSF4 AE, Ultimate MVC3, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Guilty Gear Accent Core and King of Fighters XIII. We will try to have team tournaments for UMVC3 & SSF4AE or exhibition matches as well.

WE WILL BE TAKING EARLY REGISTRATIONS. IF YOU PLAN ON COMING, PLEASE SEND US YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME, TOURNAMENT NAME AND THE GAMES YOU WISH TO ENTER TO [email protected] Pre-registration is preferred (YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY NOW), it helps us make the brackets faster and will be beneficial for everyone involved. If you send your info after 4:00pm, you will get a respond the very next morning. You can also get updated info about this event by liking us at Facebook.com/NetBattles

WHERE: TILT STUDIO, CIRCLE CENTER MALL. 49 West Maryland Street, Suite 206. Indianapolis, IN 46204

PARKING: There is a parking lot right next to Circle Centre mall, their flat rate is $5 all day! at 132 South Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN. Inside the mall, Saturdays and Sunday are 5 hours for $3 or 8 hours for $8. We suggest taking a minute in between the tournament to go outside and then come back in so you can get 10 HOURS for $6!

LOCATION DETAILS: ASUS MONITORS or Equivalent monitors only. Theater Room Space, Projector Screen with Surround Sound System and chairs for everyone. We will have a DREAMCAST/NAOMI station with games like CVS1, CVS2, MVC, MVC2, Alpha 3, and more!

SCHEDULE: Subject to change if required, please check frequently. We need you to be early and ready to run a smooth and organized tournament for everyone. This is one of the reasons why we would like you to have our number and text (765-631-6808) if you need to communicate with us, in the case that you won’t be on time. If your name is called to start a set and you are not available, we will try to move to the next set in the bracket and give you up to 5 minutes to report. If you DO NOT show after said time you WILL BE DISQUALIFIED from the tournament you are participating in.

10:00am: TILT'S doors open.
10:15pm: We will start taking payments for admissions and registrations at this time.
11:30pm: SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 AE, KING OF FIGHTERS XIII, MORTAL KOMBAT 9, SUPER TURBO and GUILTY GEAR XX AC tournaments will begin.
4:00pm: MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2 (8 MAN BRACKET)
5:00pm: ULTIMATE MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3, TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2, 3RD STRIKE and INJUSTICE tournaments will begin.

TOURNAMENT GAMES RULES:

Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered cheating. If the Tournament Director determines that any competitor is colluding to manipulate the results or intentionally underperforming, the collaborating players may be immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.

KING OF FIGHTERS XIII: SINGLES (ENTRY TO BE DETERMINED)
$50 POT BONUS DONATED BY TEAM SKILL OVER TIER
Finals will be played on PS3.
Double elimination bracket system.
Best 2 out of 3 during pool play.
Winners Finals/Losers Finals/Grand Finals best 3 out of 5.
Prize splits are 1st (70%), 2nd (20%), 3rd (10%) from pot entries.
All stages and characters are allowed.
Loser can change team and order.
Winner can only change order if loser changes team or order.
If loser hits rematch, winner has to as well.

MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2: SINGLES ($5 Entry fee)
Finals will be played on Xbox 360.
Best 3 out of 5 during pool play.
Grand Finals best 3 out of 5.
Loser can change team, order and/or assists.
Winner can only change order of team by holding assist button before match starts.

ULTIMATE MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3: SINGLES ($10 Entry fee)
Loser can change team, order and/or assists.
Winner can only change order of team by holding assist button before match starts.

SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV ARCADE EDITION VER.2012: SINGLES ($10 Entry fee)
Loser can change character and ultra.
Winner cannot change character nor ultra.

TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2: SINGLES ($5 Entry fee)
All matches will be 2v2 only.
Entire bracket will be played on PS3.
Grand Finals are 3 out of 5.
Loser can change characters.
Winner cannot change characters, only order if loser goes to character select screen.

INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US ($10 Entry fee)
Grand Finals best 4 out of 7.
Loser can change character.
Winner cannot change character.
First game MUST be random stage. After that first game is done, THEN loser can pick the stage.

MORTAL KOMBAT 9 ($5 Entry fee)
Double elimination bracket system
Best 2 out of 3 during pool play
Grand Finals best 3 out of 5
Kratos Stage is banned
Loser can change character and/or stage.

SUPER TURBO: SINGLES (ENTRY TO BE DETERMINED)
Akuma is banned.

GUILTY GEAR XX AC: SINGLES (FREE Entry)

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Also, yes: I DO know that the schedule for MK 9 is not listed anywhere. I'm trying to get confirmation on that. Once I do know, I will update the main post.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Also, I will be providing my PS3 and Asus for MK 9. However, be prepared to also be able to play MK 9 on 360, just in case. The TO here does not choose dedicated systems by game. If there's a station with a copy of the game and the game is patched up-to-date: he will use it, regardless of what the actual console system is.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Just less than three weeks left! Still trying to confirm when MK 9 will be, but feel free to come early anyway! I'm going to have, at least, one PS3 casual station setup for either MK 9 or Injustice.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

I can bring both, but I don't have MK and I don't have all dlc for injustice....
That's cool. I think that the TO owns a PS3 copy of MK 9. And we may still use your Injustice station for tournament if you at least have the compatibility packs downloaded. All that I need is alt color Christian Bale Batman anyway, lol

TELL ME HOW MUCH METER YOU WAGERED! Then....you have my permission to die. :cool:

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I am seriously tempted to make my way out to this... Would be my first tournament. sadly my stick is only 360 conpatible. Hmm.. I live in Elkhart/South Bend area. If anyone is interested in riding w, lemme kno and ill confirm my status on whether ill make it or not. Also. Will this event be streamed?

NB Semi Evil Ryu

I am seriously tempted to make my way out to this... Would be my first tournament. sadly my stick is only 360 conpatible. Hmm.. I live in Elkhart/South Bend area. If anyone is interested in riding w, lemme kno and ill confirm my status on whether ill make it or not. Also. Will this event be streamed?
There is not a stream, but there is a station that records Top 4 matches with commentary included. The TO uploads these recordings to YouTube about a week or two later. There's a link towards the top of the main post that leads to the YouTube page, if you want to check out the recordings from past events.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
There is not a stream, but there is a station that records Top 4 matches with commentary included. The TO uploads these recordings to YouTube about a week or two later. There's a link towards the top of the main post that leads to the YouTube page, if you want to check out the recordings from past events.
I can bring my hauppage to record everything we want as well... casuals and matches that aren't top 4.

I also have spare converter that i'll bring for you guys that need it.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Will injustice be on 360? Or ps3 aswell? My arcade stick is only compatible w 360..
There is no dedicated system for the game. I'll be bringing my PS3 station for it, but any console that is there for Injustice will be used; regardless of which system it is.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Oh by the way, for those who have never been here: the arcade (Tilt Studios) where this will be held is located on the top floor of the mall. It's right above the mall's food court.

EMPEROR PRYCE

Yessir. I'll be in attendance w a few of my buddies. although they will not be playing. ill bring my Xbox w both injustice and umvc3, all dlc for both.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Yessir. I'll be in attendance w a few of my buddies. although they will not be playing. ill bring my Xbox w both injustice and umvc3, all dlc for both.
Awesome! When you go register / pay, let the guy know that you brought a station so that he only charges you $5 for the venue fee instead of $10.

EMPEROR PRYCE

Awesome! When you go register / pay, let the guy know that you brought a station so that he only charges you $5 for the venue fee instead of $10.
Ok since I'm only comin for igau do i have to be there early? I was hopin to actually get some sleep before having to drive lol

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Ok since I'm only comin for igau do i have to be there early? I was hopin to actually get some sleep before having to drive lol
No, he will do last minute registrations before Injustice starts. I would recommend that you be there about an hour early, though. So about 4 pm.