What's new

[Sep 28, 2012] GameUnderground Tournament Spectacular (GUTS) (Somerville, MA)

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Is the whole tournament being completed on Saturday?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
idk. They aren't really treating MK as one of the headlining games so it's possible. I doubt they'll do top 8 on Sunday.
As of right now they want to run the whole tournament on Saturday for MK but Jamie said Top 4 on Sunday is a possibility.

Tim Static STORMS

Maybe some front page love with SB:A considering they're on the same date, I don't want this to get buried for people on the East Coast thinking there's nothing going on.

CptXecution thanks for posting up here!

Sorry for the confusion, the entrance is $5 for MK at this event. It will be fixed on the site asap. If you buy an entrance it is the correct amount of $5. WE WILL ALSO HAVE A UMK3 ARCADE MACHINE ON FREEPLAY ALL WEEKEND! Also not listed here is a Madden 13 tournament with a $500 pot bonus!

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
I'm going! I'll bring that skarlet and Kenshi with me! I cant wait to meet all of you guys. I am driving distance, so if it goes to sunday, I will just drive back

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
Why is there only 3 confirmed attendees?

I called my boy today about going to this tourney, and he is going to likely be able to attend. That would translate into myself, and 2 others in attendence. CRUM , i'm coming for that cage! CptXecution , I'm going to take that sub-zero to task man! Ninj , please dont come lol, I cant do skarlet mirrors =) But seriously, I would love for you to come Ninj, I want to learn from your skarlet.

CRUM

Noob

I called my boy today about going to this tourney, and he is going to likely be able to attend. That would translate into myself, and 2 others in attendence. CRUM , i'm coming for that cage! CptXecution , I'm going to take that sub-zero to task man! Ninj , please dont come lol, I cant do skarlet mirrors =) But seriously, I would love for you to come Ninj, I want to learn from your skarlet.
I will be signing up next week. Not only Cage, I got some other surprises brewing. Whether they work out or not remains to be seen.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro

Because the New England scene is VERY weak, I've reached out to everyone I can possibly think of and their contacts. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

CRUM

Noob
Because the New England scene is VERY weak, I've reached out to everyone I can possibly think of and their contacts. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.
I'll be happy if we break double digits. Let's hope for some people who don't use TYM that will also be playing MK as well.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Is mk sign up 5$ or 40$? OP says 30-40.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
$30 pre-reg venue fee with $5 for MK.

As far as everyone going....I want to collect an extra $5 for the winner from each person to make it more worth it for people to come to this.

CRKFIEND

Noob
CRKFIEND Bring that Stryker, it'll be cool to get together again plus I'll be able to give you your knife back ;) lol
Man I wish I could go, but I'll be attending the Return to Ravnica pre-release that day. We should set another meet and greet up. I just moved in to my new place, and would love to host one. Give me a couple weeks to get everything all situated. I'll keep you in the loop. By the way - If you need to skin a buck - you've got the knife of champions.

I like the idea of people pitching in an extra $5 at the venue to boost the pot. The reason the tournament is $5 is to encourage more casual MK players to enter... The scene for MK at our tournaments in Framingham is barely alive so I figured we would get some players... It's awesome to see some hype on here about it! It's my favorite fighting game!

CRUM

Noob
I like the idea of people pitching in an extra $5 at the venue to boost the pot. The reason the tournament is $5 is to encourage more casual MK players to enter... The scene for MK at our tournaments in Framingham is barely alive so I figured we would get some players... It's awesome to see some hype on here about it! It's my favorite fighting game!
hopefully we get a good turnout!