What's new

[Sep 21, 2013] Richard "Wing-Zero" Warren Fundraiser Tournament (East Point, GA)

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
One of Atlanta's best friends and players, Richard "Wing-Zero" Warren, suddenly passed away yesterday morning. To help his mother pay for the funeral, Larry "ShinBlanka" Warren, Ricky "Pokchop" Walker, Trayveon "Iceman" Maxwell, and John "JTO" Goodson are throwing a fundraising tournament tomorrow. I know that's very short notice, but it would mean a great deal to the Atlanta community if the Injustice community could try to make it out, even if you didn't know Richard personally. He was known as the best Nina in the country from Tekken 5 to Tekken Tag 2 and was also an extremely renowned Soul Calibur player. http://shoryuken.com/2013/09/19/rest-in-peace-richard-wingzero-warren/

Here's details on the tourney from ShinBlanka and it WILL BE STREAMED at http://twitch.tv/funkyp

"""Due to the sudden passing of Rich me, Tray, Ricky Pokchop Walker Jr., JTO wanted to host a fundraiser tournament to help Rich mom Val to pay for his funeral. So I've been out all day looking for a venue on such short notice and I found one.

FINAL ROUND LLC and the friends of Richard Warren aka WingZero are proud to host the Richard Warren Fundraiser tournament!

1431 Norman Berry Drive
East Point, GA

The event will start promptly at 12 noon and last until 5pm. It will be $20 entry at the door and $10 per game. The games to be played are as followed;

SCV
TTT2
UMVC3
SF4ae2012
Injustice

ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TOWARDS THE FAMILY FUNERAL SERVICES!(that means door entry and game entry) Our goal is $6000 and we may not reach that at the event, but every little bit helps. We will also open an paypal account in Richards name to collect donations from those that can not attend the event live. I know you guys love looking at the pictures of the food my wife cooks for dinner so we will also be selling $5 Dixon plate of food that will also go 100% towards the fundraiser.

$5 plate = 1 bake chicken leg, Cornbread, Turnip greens, homemade mac & cheese, and banana pudding with spring water to wash it down!

Of course we'll have FunkyP streaming the event and he'll have the link to the paypal on his stream. I hope we can reach our goal so Richard can have a proper burial. Such a great person deserves at least that much. Any donation is welcome. Big or small all will be accepted and appreciated by the family. Thank you for your support and god bless."""