What's new

Tech - Warrior Self destruct activation setups

Hey guys. I am sure people have already found this stuff out, so I apologize if it's already been brought up and discussed. Seems like most of the early testing people do with characters is about seeing how big they can go with damage. Last night I had my first significant practice session with Predator, and I chose the route of seeing if I could find ways to actually use self destruct in a match. These are the setups I think could be useful.

Mixups into self destruct activation - (You can use the same setups to activate stealth if you want)

IA EX DB2, NJP, jk xx air disk, self destruct. (25% setup)
B311 EX BF 4, NJP, jk air disk, self destruct. (33ish% setup)

The time it takes with the smart disk foating the opponent in the air combined with them falling to the ground is enough time and distance to allow you to land and activate self destruct safely. If you have another meter bar or two, this could very well be the end of the round for your opponent.

After it's activated, you can run forward and cancel the run into IA EX DB2 (overhead) or just do B311 (low). From there, either finish the combo for 49 - 51%, use EX smart disk in your combo to get double self destruct 75% combo to end the round, or just end your combo with jk air disk self destruct and set it up again.

If you have the meter, it can mean 100% from the initial setup if your opponent guesses wrong.

awesome. I hadn't tried that. So apprently people do know about this. lol.

I had another thought too. Can you time the followup string afterthe activation to get self destruct to detonate mid string so that it launches your opponent into a huge combo even if they guess right? That would be pretty crazy.

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
I been trying set ups for the self destruct but I see you beat me to it and thank you for the set up needed it to help my game out with predator nice set ups