What's new

Sektor's Wakeup System.

So his teleports are roughly 30 frames, even the ExTele.

And his flame can easily be cross over, jump kicked, or even JIP'ed, or even meatied right through.

So with 12 frames of invincibility, that's EIGHTEEN FRAMES of open punishment on wakeup. Your average Johnny or any character for that matter can meaty right through this with little to no fear. Even the ExTele isn't safe. And because it takes so long, you can simply pressure it, hit confirm, and if you don't connect, block for the full punish when he comes on the other side.

So what the f#ck are you supposed to do with Sek "sorry about my 30 frame giant hitbox on wakeup" Tor's wakeup system? Block? Great, you'll get grabbed if you're lucky, or God forbid you get put into Foxy's Sonya/Cage pressure.

Help?

ryublaze

Noob
Tech rolling into Flame Burner usually works for me, or just tech rolling. Otherwise I just don't do a wake-up and try to get out of pressure with his 6 frame jab.

Block and poke.

The only time you should do a wake-up attack is when your opponent is in the air or you have nothing left to loose.

Sektor's 1 and small hitbox puts him in a better position than most to escape pressure without wake-ups, though doing so requires an extensive knowledge of your opponents strings and very good reads.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Block and poke.

The only time you should do a wake-up attack is when your opponent is in the air or you have nothing left to loose.

Sektor's 1 and small hitbox puts him in a better position than most to escape pressure without wake-ups, though doing so requires an extensive knowledge of your opponents strings and very good reads.
block and poke on wakeup against cage, even though chip damage and catching pokes is what he does best. perhaps not lol

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I have only been beaten out of the EXTU on the way down, on the way back up i've only ever been hit by things like kung laos xray. I have 100% NEVER been punished for doing the EXTU, depends on what you do afterwards. The actual teleport isn't unsafe in the slightest. If you go for a slow attack straight afterwards it just depends on the speed of the attack the other guy is about to throw out.