What's new

Breakthrough Sektor's Toasty Boost

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
So I was working on the Toasty Boost because my training partner wanted to and to my surprise on the first try I got it! Unfortunately, when I saw the TOASTY I panicked and mashed out a few buttons on the DPAD before finally mashing down a few times and then B F 1 (Missile). That was when I got the TOASTY BOOST. D D B F 1 being my last inputs we thought it would be D D B 1.

We tried again and D D B 1 didn't really work but I'm not sure and am willing to try it again. (I was also thinking it kould've been F F D 1 since I think I mashed D F D F before I pressed D D B F 1.)

Pretty much the main thing that's certain and I know for sure is that :fp IS the last input. So at least that eliminates 75% of the possibilities.

If anyone else wants to give this a go that'll be great! The more people working on this, the faster we'll get it..

Just remember 303 303 Kombat Kode!

fdf? ffd? ddf? you should've tried ddbf 1 to see if it would work. according to the toasty chart, ddb and ffd are likely, so those might be it.

i'm too lazy to try getting dan for 30 matches right now but i'll look for sektor's tomorrow and see if ddbf 1 works

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
NOT DDF1 ... finally after three days of trying I get one Toast-Tee...

EDIT: It is not the following either...

FFD1
DDB1
DBF1

Red Reaper, you're absolutely sure it was with 1? Sektor is in the same group as Scorpion and he is absolutely 1.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
NOT DDF1 ... finally after three days of trying I get one Toast-Tee...

EDIT: It is not the following either...

FFD1
DDB1
DBF1

Red Reaper, you're absolutely sure it was with 1? Sektor is in the same group as Scorpion and he is absolutely 1.
Kompletely sure it was with 1..

I also didn't jump if that helps. (Seeing as Cyrax turned out to be U U D)

try DBB...

fuck i don't even remember what i tried anymore.. if it hasn't been tried... go for it

fuckin scorpion fucked everything up, and me with my stupid memory can't remember shit. swear i pressed bbd1

edit - maybe the dumbass input bug registered an up button... BDU1....

i dont even remember posting here.

all i have to say is, fuck sektors tb

na seriously though, what attack came out before missile? because you can buffer a ton of shit during recovery animations depending how long the move gives you.

I will try my new trick to learn toasty boosts quickly and get Sektors.

Seems simple enough. mash bfdbdf and mash 1 as well.

This shouldn't take long. Guarantee the trick works for Sektor as well LOL

God i hope you were right about 1 though ;/

Yup, my trick works for Sektor as well

Sektors is 1

BFB1 DF1 DB1 DF1 DB1 .... you get it right away.

Have a nice day.

I knew it! lol..

So it's one of those inputs? Or all those inputs??
It can be done instantly by doing all those inputs, so there's no need to worry about the specific input for now.

Simply: BFB1 then half circle forward 1, then half circle back 1, over and over.

I will try to confirm whether the down input is needed. For now the necessary steps have been taken to advance forward with this TB.

Thanks for the help on using 1 instead of 2. A lot of time was wasted trying 2.