What's new

Sektors Enhanced Teleport Frame data

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hi guys.

It has just been made available to me that Sektors :en teleport is EXACTLY -7 on block.

Let the speculation to what is and is not safe begin!!!!!

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
The animation confuses me, 6 frame pokes would have to be down to the frame to even punish it, and because he doesnt roll up in a ball its hard to gauge when you shouldnt/should try hit him. I think because of that this move should be considered safe enough to throw out, but obviously risky to follow up with anything that isnt a block because even on his fastest attacks hes gonna be at a disadvantage if the opponent knows how to punish it down to the frame.

I can safely say that i cant confidently punish it down to the frame because its so fast. If he balled up like regular teleport then it would be a terrible move, so i guess we just need to learn how to punish to the frame before sektor has to fear this!

Good find though UFG!

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
The animation confuses me, 6 frame pokes would have to be down to the frame to even punish it, and because he doesnt roll up in a ball its hard to gauge when you shouldnt/should try hit him. I think because of that this move should be considered safe enough to throw out, but obviously risky to follow up with anything that isnt a block because even on his fastest attacks hes gonna be at a disadvantage if the opponent knows how to punish it down to the frame.

I can safely say that i cant confidently punish it down to the frame because its so fast. If he balled up like regular teleport then it would be a terrible move, so i guess we just need to learn how to punish to the frame before sektor has to fear this!

Good find though UFG!
Don't thank me, I just asked Somber to get me the data. Basically, there is a footsie game to be had out after this is blocked.

There are various out comes.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Don't thank me, I just asked Somber to get me the data. Basically, there is a footsie game to be had out after this is blocked.

There are various out comes.
I usually just mash D3 (with smoke). if sektor does anything but block low then i have enough advantage to start a pressure game, but the timing is hard because you can mash too early, and too late, in both cases you can end up being in a worse situation. Anything with armour thats safe on block that leads to combo (kenshi EX RK etc) would be something good to use if your unsure i guess, but i dont trust myself with the timing otherwise

Crathen

Death is my business
I thought it was something like -7 , i've randomly punished EX tele with Kabal's d1 wich is 7 frames and my sparring partner has punished with a d1 into combo with JC d1 ( wich is 6 frames ) so i wonder if Sektor is at -7 when he's still in the air , basically any character with a 12 frame special mid / low / overhead gets free pressure after a blocked EX TU , if the opponent does a high move /throw there's a chance for sektor to do d2/d1/d3/d4 , any 14+ frames move can be stuffed by 12/11 , in my opinion a blocked EX TU means free pressure for the opponent ( ex: Cage will always f3 after EX TU since it's a 9 frame special mid with a good vertical hitbox in case Sektor tries to jump out too ) and since Sektor has no armor moves ( well Xray has but if you are doing an EX TU i doubt you can Xray ) he has to block against a good player.

Does a d1 against a blocked EXTU work like an anti-air d1? Obviously to land one you would have to borderline jedi, but does it net an AA combo or is Sektor too close to the ground for that?

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Does a d1 against a blocked EXTU work like an anti-air d1? Obviously to land one you would have to borderline jedi, but does it net an AA combo or is Sektor too close to the ground for that?
Its down to the frame really, with such a small window for a punish you can only hope that it does, as i THINK the last frames of your punish window he is grounded, but theres seriously only 2 or 3 60ths of a second in it so you cant complain either way, if you get the punish every time you are already less human than most.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
While it technically is, everyone I play against knows this and still can't take advantage of the move. At worst I end up having to block a d1 or d3 right after they block it.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
While it technically is, everyone I play against knows this and still can't take advantage of the move. At worst I end up having to block a d1 or d3 right after they block it.
yeah pretty much, although against most players all you get hit by is a D1 or something similar i think the point that's made is that you can't try to attack after it's been blocked.

I guess the frame data 100% proves it i suppose.