What's new

Sektor Vita differences

I'm not sure if any Sektor players have Vita MK, or if anyone noticed, but there are some differences in this game from the console versions. Here are significant ones I noticed for us:

1. Big difference to B3,4 and SwiftTomHanks ' combo ender setup (ending a combo with a f4,4 or b3,4 where the 4 whiffs and you land behind the floored opponent, allowing you to pressure on wakeup with a 50/50 starter): Using b3,4 when the opponent gets up does not work, while it does in the console versions. B3 connects, but the 4 does not come out. Doing u3, 34 and u3, 4 both work, but now are useless (see number 2). But for anyone wanting to do just a b3,4 after the setup, it's a no-go.

To do this, NRS actually nerfed the b3,4 to always not come out whenever Sektor switches sides, until a certain amount of time has past. I demonstrate this in the 2nd half of the video, where I repeatedly jump back and forth over the opponent, and do b3,4 and only the b3 comes out. It only comes out if you do a JIP first, or if you wait a split second before starting the b3,4. For any Sektors who like doing cross-ups with b3, don't play on Vita. For comparisons sake, I tested this on PS3, and b3,4 comes out smooth and easy. On Vita, you can't do this. If anyone here wants to test this out yourselves on your console version, by doing repeatedly cross-up b3,4, and see how easy it is to do.

2. Leg Lift is now literally USELESS. Everything after u3,4 is scaled down to 1% per hit, making it almost impossible to go over 20% unless you do an up missile before the u3,4. U3,3,4 combos still scale normally.

u3,4 TU, B2,1 B3,4 EXTU, B2, flame is now 17%.
jip, u3,4 TU, f44, EXTU, b2 flame is now 19%.
up missile, jip, u3,4, TU, f44, EXTU, b2, flame is now 26%. (Up missile is before Leg Lift, so obviously it didn't scale)
u3,4, TU, Xray is now 15%. (LOL)

Credit to @xInfra Deadx

3. Human Sektor has the robot laugh of Robot Sektor! On the consoles, only both original Robo Sektor and MK3 Sektor had the "HEH HEH HEH" laugh while doing the EXTU only. On the Vita version, Human Sektor also has the laugh, (which seems louder), on both regular TU and EXTU. Now if this isn't a good reason for Sektor players to get the Vita MK, I don't know what is. :cool:

Let me know if you have anything Sektor-related you want me to test out on the Vita.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
This is just dumb.
Sorry I won't exactly be contributing to the thread, but why would NRS ever consider taking away tech/setups from a character? I'm won't get into the damage nerfs because they must be unintentional for the most part. Sektor is fine in the console version.

Might as well remove standing reset combo enders while your at it.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I'm not sure if any Sektor players have Vita MK, or if anyone noticed, but there are some differences in this game from the console versions. Here are 2 significant ones I noticed for us:

1. Big difference to B3,4 and Swift Tom Hanks' combo ender setup (ending a combo with a f4,4 or b3,4 where the 4 whiffs and you land behind the floored opponent, allowing you to pressure on wakeup with a 50/50 starter): Using b3,4 when the opponent gets up does not work, while it does in the console versions. B3 connects, but the 4 does not come out. Doing u3, 34 and u3, 4 both work, which is what's really important. But for anyone wanting to do just a b3,4 after the setup, it's a no-go.

To do this, NRS actually nerfed the b3,4 to always not come out whenever Sektor switches sides, until a certain amount of time has past. I demonstrate this in the 2nd half of the video, where I repeatedly jump back and forth over the opponent, and do b3,4 and only the b3 comes out. It only comes out if you do a JIP first, or if you wait a split second before starting the b3,4. For any Sektors who like doing cross-ups with b3, don't play on Vita. For comparisons sake, I tested this on PS3, and b3,4 comes out smooth and easy. On Vita, you can't do this. If anyone here wants to test this out yourselves on your console version, by doing repeatedly cross-up b3,4, and see how easy it is to do.

2. Human Sektor has the robot laugh of Robot Sektor! On the consoles, only both original Robo Sektor and MK3 Sektor had the "HEH HEH HEH" laugh while doing the EXTU only. On the Vita version, Human Sektor also has the laugh, (which seems louder), on both regular TU and EXTU. Now if this isn't a good reason for Sektor players to get the Vita MK, I don't know what is. :cool:

Let me know if you have anything Sektor-related you want me to test out on the Vita.
Apparently you missed his leg lift overhead being scale nerfed. That is just the worst.

To make reference: Leg Lift, 4 / TU > B2, 1 - B3, 4 / MU - B2 / FB does 37% on the consoles...however it only gets to 17% on the vita. What the hell, man!?

Apparently you missed his leg lift overhead being scale nerfed. That is just the worst.

To make reference: Leg Lift, 4 / TU > B2, 1 - B3, 4 / MU - B2 / FB does 37% on the consoles...however it only gets to 17% on the vita. What the hell, man!?
W. T. F. I don't do Leg lift combos much, but I can't believe I never noticed the damage when I did. Wow, every move after u3,4 is scaled down and only 1% each hit. It's almost impossible to get 20% or more off of a Leg Lift, 4 combo. Yet Leg Lift,3 4 has normal damage scaling. Maybe NRS did this so in relation to STH's psuedo reset, to stop any damage after a normal combo. I'm sure NRS wanted to nerf his Leg Lift 3,4 combos too, but they didn't know how to do it without scaling his normal b3,4 combos (and ruin Sektor even more), since it's technically the same exact thing, so they left it in.

Now what Leg Lift has become is either a really slow 9% overhead which can't be comboed into anything, or a much slower b3,4. Sektor's Leg Lift is now literally useless. Thanks for the trolling NRS. :rolleyes:

Just to show LOLS:
jip, u3,4 TU, f44, EXTU, b2 flame is 19%.
up missile, jip, u3,4, TU, f44, EXTU, b2, flame is 26%. (Up missile is before Leg Lfit, so obviously it didn't scale)
u3,4, TU, Xray is 15%. (LOL)

I will update the first post with your info.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
HE NEEDZ IT! Yeah, I'm not buying this piece of shit until they fix it. Sektor and Sindel needed 'dem nurfz! FUCKIN OP! NAO DEY UP...UNDAH POWAHD!

W. T. F. I don't do Leg lift combos much, but I can't believe I never noticed the damage when I did. Wow, every move after u3,4 is scaled down and only 1% each hit. It's almost impossible to get 20% or more off of a Leg Lift, 4 combo. Yet Leg Lift,3 4 has normal damage scaling. Maybe NRS did this so in relation to STH's psuedo reset, to stop any damage after a normal combo. I'm sure NRS wanted to nerf his Leg Lift 3,4 combos too, but they didn't know how to do it without scaling his normal b3,4 combos (and ruin Sektor even more), since it's technically the same exact thing, so they left it in.
Again, this is all because of the nerf on Jax's EXGround Pound corner loop. All the other moves on the other characters that have recived the obscene damage scaling share the same animation as EXGround Pound; the opponent falling forward on their face. Which is why u34 was effected but u334 wasn't. These damage nerfs were clearly only meant for Jax but NRS took a short cut and more characters are paying for it.

This is why we don't want another patch for consoles people. They fix one thing and break five other.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I moved this to the MK9V section, so lets keep all talk about MK9V in that subforum, even if its character specific. :coffee:

Again, this is all because of the nerf on Jax's EXGround Pound corner loop. All the other moves on the other characters that have recived the obscene damage scaling share the same animation as EXGround Pound; the opponent falling forward on their face. Which is why u34 was effected but u334 wasn't. These damage nerfs were clearly only meant for Jax but NRS took a short cut and more characters are paying for it.
Ya, that explains the u34 nerf, but it doesn't explain the b3,4 not working when Sektor switches sides above. I have no idea what NRS were thinking when they changed that.

Tim Static said:
I moved this to the MK9V section, so lets keep all talk about MK9V in that subforum, even if its character specific.
Sorry, didn't know there was a forum just for Vita MK, plus another Sektor Vita thread on top of it, until after I made the thread. Please merge this thread then with the "Sektor damage nerf" thread in this forum.