What's new

Sektor/Kabal casuals.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Here's two best of 5 sets against AC1984's Kabal. The second set in my opinion is more impressive, despite me losing it lol. My poor pink controller has a messed up block button that was making me rage during the first set, so I don't really do anything impressive with Sektor.

Regardless, hopefully these can illustrate the Kabal match up and some ways to work around him.

Good stuff all around.

I see you go for b34 after a TU in combos. I'm curious as to why. The scaling means it does just as much damage as a JK and I personally find them easier to land.

Also, you won as the robot. Just saying.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Good stuff all around.

I see you go for b34 after a TU in combos. I'm curious as to why. The scaling means it does just as much damage as a JK and I personally find them easier to land.

Also, you won as the robot. Just saying.
I didn't play better as the robot though; only won due to blocking dashes. Also for those who don't know Kabal; he didn't have execution issues on those, he thought I was going to try to poke him out of his string, so he didn't cancel the dash. I'm pretty sure the jump kick is only a 1% difference, and I do the b34 because I'm conditioned to in case I play on laggy TVs at tournaments. I find the b34 easier to land with lag.

I'm pretty sure the jump kick is only a 1% difference, and I do the b34 because I'm conditioned to in case I play on laggy TVs at tournaments. I find the b34 easier to land with lag.
b34 can actually net more damage in certain combos, but in the 12b1 combos you were using it in there's no difference between using a JK and b34. So in that regard it's a matter of personal preference. Interesting that you find it easier to land though. I'm the opposite. I've never had issues with JKs on any TVs.

ryublaze

Noob
b34 can actually net more damage in certain combos, but in the 12b1 combos you were using it in there's no difference between using a JK and b34. So in that regard it's a matter of personal preference. Interesting that you find it easier to land though. I'm the opposite. I've never had issues with JKs on any TVs.
Doesn't matter too much but b3, 4 is 2 hits while Jump Kick is 1 hit so opponent gains more meter if you use b3, 4.

Great videos Swifttomhanks! I always have trouble with Kabal.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I didn't play better as the robot though; only won due to blocking dashes. Also for those who don't know Kabal; he didn't have execution issues on those, he thought I was going to try to poke him out of his string, so he didn't cancel the dash. I'm pretty sure the jump kick is only a 1% difference, and I do the b34 because I'm conditioned to in case I play on laggy TVs at tournaments. I find the b34 easier to land with lag.
I don't know if it's been changed but the B3,4 instead of jk in the combo has no difference in damage. So obviously whatever is easier to land is the correct ender.

Only difference is that because there's an extra hit with the B3,4 if you end the combo in an UM they get up slightly faster.