What's new

Sektor(IKizzLE) Casuals

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Good stuff, I'm amazed that you online Sektor looks like an offline Sektor!

Your judgement of space is immaculate. Also your ability to stay calm and not hit any panic buttons is rare too see when using a character who has a panic button like Sektor.

What's Medina's main? I really question is Smoke lol. He didn't shake one missile. If I ever shoot a missile against KTsmith or CDjr I get fucked up. You even did the corner trap with up missile and he blocked it lol.

I'll have to meet up with you at FR. You don't come across too many quality (or really any at all) Sektor players in offline tournaments.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
SwiftTomHanks
Yea, his mains are reptile and rain. He was just learning smoke. Yea, I tend not to do missile setups or shoot missiles at smoke but since he wasn't shaking them....lol.

Thanks for the compliments. I try to play an anti-zoning sektor. I rarely shoot rockets. Instead I try to keep the opponent full screen and force them to zone me, so I can iTU. Then when they come in, I try to keep them mid range or push them out with flamethrower or b1.

Usually the opponent will start whiffing attacks, then I can come in with a 12b1 punish or they will go right back to zoning which I want. Mix this strategy up with pressure of my own (b34 or throws), and that's pretty much my game plan for most characters.

But part of that strategy couldn't be used on either smoke or rain because their projectile's can't be iTU on reaction. But I played J360 yesterday (connection was amazing) I was able to to iTU his ice ball several times, forcing him to come in. But he's really good at getting in with whiffed dive kicks though lol. Beast Cyber.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
This is why Sektor is freaking scary as hell.... he's like... Mileena with combo's on steroids.

I think you'll blow people up at FR. Especially if you take the mentality that "they have to play me and my Sektor". Scary stuff.

ryublaze

Noob
Wow your iTUs are spot on! I love your anti-air d1's too. We need to play sometime kizzle. By the way, where does Medina live?

IKizzLE

BloodHound
RedRaptor10, he lives in Chicago and his internet is fast. It seems that internet speed and ping is more telling than location because when I played J360, it was the closest thing I've had to offline because his ocnnection is 60mb/s and mine is 25 mb/s, and he lives in NY.

Ketchup, thanks. Playing offline has helped a lot, especially against 16bit and slips. And those first videos I posted were of me after a two month hiatus lol.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
I really liked watching your Rain, lol. The Sektor was beast though.
And one thing about rain that I've noticed is that 24 is really good string to do if you cancel your 43 and they dont jump out. 24 is 0 on block so if you immediately d1 afterwards and they jump out, its a free combo. If they poke, they'll lose and if they d1, they need to time it perfectly for a possible trade(which is random). Since rain's d1 has such a large hitbox, its pretty damn good.

Certain characters can get out of it like characters with armor, raiden of course, etc.

Enenra

Go to hell.
And one thing about rain that I've noticed is that 24 is really good string to do if you cancel your 43 and they dont jump out. 24 is 0 on block so if you immediately d1 afterwards and they jump out, its a free combo. If they poke, they'll lose and if they d1, they need to time it perfectly for a possible trade(which is random). Since rain's d1 has such a large hitbox, its pretty damn good.
Never knew that, thanks bro. I'll implement that into my dash cancels.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
SwiftTomHanks

But part of that strategy couldn't be used on either smoke or rain because their projectile's can't be iTU on reaction. But I played J360 yesterday (connection was amazing) I was able to to iTU his ice ball several times, forcing him to come in. But he's really good at getting in with whiffed dive kicks though lol. Beast Cyber.
Great games, you wouldnt happen to have recorded them would you?

Btw you are top 3 sektors i Have ever played if not THE best. You definitly impressed me with your combo ability and spacing with sektor. I would love to see how you do against other players at FR.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
The thing about iTU in which I think a lot of people misunderstand is that a lot of the times when you iTU on reaction, you could have just done a normal TU. For instance:

Sub Zero freeze, Cyber Sub freeze, Reptile acid ball, Kung Lao low hat, ect. can all be iTU'ed on reaction. However all these moves don't need to be iTUed on reaction, you can just do the standing TU.

I don't think there is a move in the game where you can iTU on reaction but not normal TU on reaction. For instance, you can not on reaction iTU Kabal's gas blasts, Sonya's rings, Kano's knives, Jax's stink, ect. Those iTU's are based 100% on reads. Sure if they start to spam projectiles your read is more likely to be correct, but it's still a guess.

Last night AC1984 and I spent a lot of time exploring iTU's against various projectiles. I've been told by a non Sektor player mind you, that I'm not playing Sektor right since I don't on reaction iTU Kabal's gas blasts or Kitana's fans. We both want to call BS to this person in that you can not do this on reaction.

What do you think, IKizzLE Ketchup-LK9T9 ?

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I actually agree with you STH, from MY personal experience IATU's are 50% based on predicting when a projectile is going to come. that's why i'll be trying to scout out a projectile and get too ahead of myself and instant air the wrong move from them lol.

Instant air projectiles are very hard to counter, if the projectile is thrown low enough they always have a chance of blocking when they hit the ground, and before i've come up to attack them. Slow peojectiles like the sub zero/cyber sub zero iceball indeed do NOT require instant airing. But they may do if sektor is too close, i was having some sets against a friend of mine in london yesterday, i was about close jump distance, did a TU on reaction to an iceball instead of an instant air and i was frozen before i hit the ground.

I personally always try and go for instant airs to stay in practice with them. Mainly because things like sonyas ring or other fast recovery projectiles NEED that IA startup time. Even things like quan chis trance on block can be punished with a regular TU.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
J360, I wish I recorded because those matches were crazy.
SwiftTomHanks and Ketchup-LK9T9

True, you dont need iTU to punish some slow projectiles like sub-zero, but sometimes i read the projectiles late and a regular TU wouldn't work so I am conditioned just to do the iTU. And offline, sometimes I iTU jump in punches when I'm fighting people with larger hitboxes who stuff d1 AA's(Scorpion for example), since I'm not that proficient with standing 1's.

And it is true, if you were say, playing a sonya and its a big footsies match and then she just threw out one ring, their is no way to react to it in time, but that will make you cognizant that she's throwing projectiles and then you can iTU from part reaction, and part read. So I use it cuz I'm used to it essentially and its a good tool to have in your back pocket.

charlieonline, I like to keep my opponent at a certain range the whole match and control the space. b1 does that perfectly. And people tend to just d1 after a blocked f2, and your pressure and meta game gets reset. I only use f2 now if I'm trying to get in on a zoner that outzone's sektor or a very far whiff punisher, or I'm just too lazy to dash block lol.

I also use F2 if we trade punches in the air in order to link a TU. Seems like the easiest option for me.

And about the instant fireballs, I tested it against kabal and their is absolutely no way to punish that on 100% reaction without A)You getting hit by the fireball=death B)him landing on the ground and punishing. You also cant iTU his ground saw because kabal's stance makes it so that the TU will whiff every time.

In hindsight, i thought this was a good match for sektor....I was dead wrong.
Kitana's ifireballs is much more bearable.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
J360, I wish I recorded because those matches were crazy.
And about the instant fireballs, I tested it against kabal and their is absolutely no way to punish that on 100% reaction without A)You getting hit by the fireball=death B)him landing on the ground and punishing. You also cant iTU his ground saw because kabal's stance makes it so that the TU will whiff every time.

In hindsight, i thought this was a good match for sektor....I was dead wrong.
Kitana's ifireballs is much more bearable.
It still is a good matchup for sek, i know im not a sektor player and im nowhere near as good as you guys with sektor, But sektor does have the tools to fight kabal pretty well, i remember watching sets of Maxters sektor vs Reos kabal and it was either back and forth or maxter would get some streaks on reo. Its not only mastery of the character or only player skill, its a good mixture of both and the ability to read an opponents habits. When fighting a kabal i remember one thing, since kabal is such an execution heavy character, he is mostly played off of muscle memory, kabal players more than anyone else tend to build habits when using kabal. Within a few games you should be able to scout certain patterns and punish accordingly. Now this isnt to say that they will never change their style to adapt, but they do have habits that follow certain button presses, more so than people who play other characters.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Concerning the Kabal match up (probably the match up I know the best outside Kung Lao) I feel it's a 5/5, perhaps a little nod to Kabal due to the low projectile causing TU to whiff.

The reason I say it's a 5/5 or very close to it is because a lot of Kabal's dash cancel strings whiff on low hit boxes. This causes Kabal to run a script since he can only do 1 or 2 things while dash canceling. It makes it much easier for Sektor to d1 or jump out of. Sometimes it's even worth to go for 11b1 since it's a 6 frame start up and easy as hell to mash out.

Also if you know that Kabal is coming in with a dash that he will cancel you can just do 12b1 and a good amount of the time it will hit him before he blocks. b1 is also an option here that is a lot safer. Lastly, Sektor's d3 stuffs Kabal's dash (EX as well) on reaction. It doesn't seem to be 100% of the time, but something around 95%. It will make Kabal players afraid of you for sure. Hell, when at full screen just spam d3 to keep him away if you have the life lead.

What Kabal can do is outzone Sektor. It's very hard to time a iTU since the recovery on gas blast is so fast coupled with the low projectile being safe against TU. If Kabal has the life lead, you're up shit's creek.

Concerning Maxter and Reo, I'm pretty sure Reo doesn't know the match up. When I asked him what he knows about Sektor to see if he had any insight to offer, he said all he knew was that he was a robot with a teleport attack.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I have seen Sektroll teleport Kano knives on reaction. At Evo he was bragging about it, I doubted him, and he proved he could.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Concerning Maxter and Reo, I'm pretty sure Reo doesn't know the match up. When I asked him what he knows about Sektor to see if he had any insight to offer, he said all he knew was that he was a robot with a teleport attack.
Yup that sounds like a REO answer lol. He does know the matchup pretty well though from watching him play hours of it, hes learned some schemes against sektor and his wake up attacks that i have yet to see other people do on purpose and consistantly.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I have seen Sektroll teleport Kano knives on reaction. At Evo he was bragging about it, I doubted him, and he proved he could.
In a match where you don't know a knife is coming, I'd give someone $100 if they could iTU 3 times in a row.

In practice mode when I tell you, "hey, 3 2 1 I'm going to throw a knife" - you better fucking get it.

And at EVO wasn't that before Kano got the speed nurf on knives? That seems even crazier.