What's new

Sektor critique and HELP!

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Hello, these are casuals of Slips vs Me.

Any tips on what I can or should change would be great.
And I also played 16bit and only won about 4 out of 20 games and would like some tips on how to face kitana. Thanks.
It's been 2 months since Ive played the game so sorry if I'm using old or outdated tech.

http://www.justin.tv/stltrainingground/b/302101114

No shame in using old tech. If it's working for you, then there's no need to change. The only old thing you are doing that's a liability are 122>Up Missile corner combo enders. That's not safe.

I've only watch about twenty minutes, so all I really have to say are two things. One, against Scorpion, you don;t want to be jumping much. I know that's the instinct with Hellfire, but it can be jumped on reaction if your fast and even if it hits, it's only 8% and neutral. Scorpion is one of the strongest AA characters in the game. Jump as little as possible.

The second is that you seem real liberal in your TU use. TU's shouldn't be used to get in on someone, even EXTUs. The only time you should really use EXTUs is in combos and to attempt to escape the corner. If you need to close the distance, use a Homing Missile.

Casselman

Also: LockUpYourBones
You actually handle yourself very well. I was wondering at first, but as time went on. I could tell you had a grip on Sektor's general game.

Since you want constructive advice, I will try and conjure some up just because you asked.

-Capitalize on every combo opportunity. From time to time I seen you give up a good 15%-30% of added damage on combos. Sometimes even forfeiting the chance for up-missile pressure after a string. This isn't a big concern, your good. But perhaps test adding more damage under pressure. One I noticed much, was after a TU or AA standing punch. another punch or two was added, when you could have done more damage. Maybe a F4,3 TU. or F4,DB3 or 1 xx b3,4 tu/Extu and follow up.

-Try jumping into the B3,4 with a JIP (jump in punch) and mix it up a bit more with the U3 fake. creating a 50/50 guess. if you go with the U3, 4. Follow it with a DB3/dfb3 incase they block. Creates some sort of pressure. or you can xx 12b1 for constant melee pressure. I find the U3,4 reaction should depend on who you are facing and their level of aggressiveness. All in all its hard to be safe when they block. most options offer risk. So back off from time to time to throw them off. Get a feel for their tendencies and react. Its a gamble with the follow ups, but if it pays off, you will be glad.

-Try and use random Extu a little bit less. Save the bars as you can get up to 56% with only one bar. Hard to throw that away for me. Save it only for wake-up desperation.

-Compliment: I really never thought of repeated F2 as a good offensive force from time to time. Thanks for the heads up!

ryublaze

Noob
Hey IKizzLE! I remember the last time I played you you flawlessed me with your Sektor lol. Good times. :)

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Thanks for the criticism. I'll try to apply some of the above techniques if I ever get done playing skyrim lol.
Yea, I was using extu a little too often mainly due to frustration. In tourny play, I only use it to whiff punish or get out of the corner.

I definitely need to work on capitalizing on my AA game because I was definitely messing it up. And usually when I jump in against scorpion, I do a jump kick to avoid the d1 AA.

RedRaptor, I remember you playing online. You had a good sektor as well. I stopped playing the first week of October and yesterday was the first time I touched the game since that week because I left my game at Slips house. Talk about being thrown into the fire immediately.

Once my plate of current games are complete, Ima start training again online and offline against slips and 16bit, and will try to go to final round if I'm still playing the game. Aiming for top 8 lol.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
A BIG thing i saw was the random tu's, even when you were jump kicking in the air that was obviously you trying for the IATU, i would highly advise to stop trying that unless you have meter to make it safe, you never want to give the opponent a chance to full punish you with sektor, especially as scorpions offense is so strong.

And i'm not sure what Romeo's talking about, the 1,2,2 UM IS safe in the corner. It all depends on how early you do each hit and how many hits are in the combo, 1,2,B1, B2,1, 1,2,2,UM is 100% safe to do in the corner. If you get punished it's by your own fault.

Aside from that i think you're shaping up well, be careful about some of your pressure as things like repeating the F2 doesn't work at all against people that want to D1 after that, if they start doing it try and mix it up with either a D1 of your own or end the string in B1, if they block it does give them a free block string so be weary.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
[MENTION=6438]Ketchup-LK9T9[/MENTION],

Yea, my Sektor is 2 months old and I'm trying to adjust better to the game with more AA and less f2, because 16bits d1 was blowing up my f2. And don't mind the TU randomness. In a tourny that wont happen lol.

Do you have any recent videos of your Sektor? Just curious, because out of every Sektor I've seen, you seem to be the most developed.

PND_Ketchup

[MENTION=6438]Ketchup-LK9T9[/MENTION],

Yea, my Sektor is 2 months old and I'm trying to adjust better to the game with more AA and less f2, because 16bits d1 was blowing up my f2. And don't mind the TU randomness. In a tourny that wont happen lol.

Do you have any recent videos of your Sektor? Just curious, because out of every Sektor I've seen, you seem to be the most developed.
I haven't been to a tourney since TAC i'm afraid, lack of events and university starting up again has made it difficult, i've learned a lot since then. I'm not sure when i'm going to be at another one, probably WGC in France if MK makes it there.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
For air to air conversions I would recommend trying to connect with a b3,4 into tu. This is unless you are jump kicking, in which you have to go right into tu.

Your standing 1 and d1 anti-air I use this: d1 - 1,2,2 - tu - 1,1,b1 for 26. This also works of a standing 1 and is rather easy to do. Though I do have a harder time doing this with robot Sektor.

The only character I've seen escape the 1,2,2 up missile corner combo is Mileena. I'm not sure what the huge deal is with people saying it's very unsafe. It'll work every time on Kabal, Kung Lao, Reptile, Kenshi, and Sub Zero for sure at the very least.

Similar to what Ketchup said, I don't pressure to much with f2. I recommend looking into a plethora of d3 and then link it into flame every now and then. The push back on block will make it safe against "most" characters.

Good shit though. I get really nervous over Scorpion's hellfire and jump a lot! But if you are jump heavy, the best character to play in my opinion is Sektor.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
[MENTION=5003]SwiftTomHanks[/MENTION]

Wow, I did not know that 122 would connect after an AA d1. I have to try it out with robo sek to see because i know the hitbox of his chest blast is either lower to the ground or larger on human sek.

Yea ima have to remove f2 from my game because I noticed the limitations against 16bit for the first time. Ima add more flamethrowers.

Has anyone had much success with b21 and b2 baiting?

PND_Ketchup

[MENTION=5003]SwiftTomHanks[/MENTION]

Wow, I did not know that 122 would connect after an AA d1. I have to try it out with robo sek to see because i know the hitbox of his chest blast is either lower to the ground or larger on human sek.

Yea ima have to remove f2 from my game because I noticed the limitations against 16bit for the first time. Ima add more flamethrowers.

Has anyone had much success with b21 and b2 baiting?
If you're going to play as robot sektor i personally would advise leaving out the second 2 in 1,2,2, the chance of it landing isn't worth missing out on a TU and further damage off it. Then again that's just my personal preference, you don't NEED to do this :)

Actually yes i have good success with B2 and B2,1. I use it solidly in my game plan now. Works wonders, try and mess around for uses for it and you'll be surprised.

ryublaze

Noob
I love B2, 1. Great reach, speed and damage (if hit). I have had success in a blocked B2, 1, dash back, Flame Burner because my opponent always tried to punish it. I still can't believe it's faster than B1. :D

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Im going to incorporate some more flamethrower and b21 into my game and probably record some more matches of me vs slips and 16bit.

Hopefully I do better. I definitely need to start playing this game more often.....lol

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Does anyone else use F43 regularly in their game? It appears to give advantage on block and you can incorporate some nice pressure strings with it. Also, if it connects, the damage is pretty nice. I think I finally found a use for standing 4. Standing 4 flamethrower; give it a shot. Hell of a lot of pushback.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Does anyone else use F43 regularly in their game? It appears to give advantage on block and you can incorporate some nice pressure strings with it. Also, if it connects, the damage is pretty nice. I think I finally found a use for standing 4. Standing 4 flamethrower; give it a shot. Hell of a lot of pushback.
I just recently started doing f43 at distances where I do flame thrower and mix up any number of possibilities. f43 into d3 throws ur opponents OFF. If f43 connects, you cancel into TU and combo. This is what I call a soft hit confirm because you've already input f43 - you see the the f4 connect, you can then go into TU while the 3 hits. If you don't, you can d1, d3, d4. You can't really hit confirm the f43 because the 3 is too fast, but you know what I mean.

Standing 4 into torch has been great for distance as well. You can do 124 torch for push back also. I sometimes go poke crazy (my main is Dhalsim in SSF4, that's where I get that from) and since the speed of standing 4 improved with the last patch, throwing in a standing 4 into torch is very nice.

Does anyone else use F43 regularly in their game? It appears to give advantage on block and you can incorporate some nice pressure strings with it. Also, if it connects, the damage is pretty nice.
I've been using it off an on. I usually use f44 though. The delay of the second 4 will sometimes catch people that go to full punish the f4. Haven't really messed around with f43 out of combos. I'll have to give it a try.

I think I finally found a use for standing 4. Standing 4 flamethrower; give it a shot. Hell of a lot of pushback.
If you are going just for space, 3 into Flame Burner is better. 4 has a greater pushback on it's own, but you lose quite a bit of it if you link it to Flame Burner. 3 doesn't have as big a pushback, but you don't lose any if you link it to a special. The only problem is that it wiffs on a crouched opponent unless it's part of 13.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
The video seems to have been taken down. =/

I find it hard to believe your Sektor got rusty, specially when I learned alot from our matches. Hit me up any time to practice.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
While f43 gives advantage on block if they duck this your up to your knees in shit. The f4 is safe on block and also gives advantage. I would just use that instead.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
a neat trick if they duck f43 is that usually you will go to the other side but you can actually cancel it midair after you switch sides to a TU and counterpunish the opponent. of course don't do it all the time though.

for example lets say you're on the left side and you do f43 and opponent crouch blocks, instead of doing df4 to cancel to TU you would actually input db4.