What's new

Secondary Characters

kevkopdx

Noob
Main since launch: Johnny Cage.. I love the character, I think he has the best and most fleshed our personality in the game. He’s super fun to play.

Secondary: I just picked up Kitana, didn’t care for her at first but like her a lot now.

Kitana and Johnny both feel like pretty honest characters. Usually I just like playing mid tier characters, I want there to always be some challenge to winning a match.

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
Main: Jade - she controls the whole screen. I like the defensive play style and I like green ninjas.

Secondary: Kabal - good options and better damage than Jade. Fun in the lab.

Waiting on Ash because nostalgia

Ayx

Omnipresent
Main : Cetrion I had a good feeling she would be a good main based on her toolset and thankfully (currently) she's a very strong char. Not too OP, but unique enough to frustrate a lot of players.

Secondary : I've been labbing Cassie but I feel like I don't understand her gameplan too well just yet. But most probably am going to stick with her until Shang comes out.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Main: Kotal Kahn
Since he has fundamental issues, lack of close up options do to hitbox and moves wiffing I use several characters. None feel like my main, they ALL Feel limited or lack tools I need.

I use the following as my pockets:

Cassie, Erron, Jade,

I play almost every character outside of ranked but stick to tournament variations.

I use D'Vorah, Shao and Scarlet occasionally.
I'm basically just waiting for Shang, Nightwolf and Sindel to drop and definitely Spawn.
KP locked and loaded

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I've been labbing Cassie but I feel like I don't understand her gameplan too well just yet.
Cassie is all about number of hit guess and F4 staggers.
B243 number of hit mix and she lives in footsie. Her gameplay is to control space and force opponent to go back and forth between mid range and far away.
Her low shot is a fast mid that goes under highs and does awesome chip.
She is one of the best characters if you can control neutral with her.
Tips:
  • Use B3 as anti air
  • F21+3 has amazing range and plus 1 into wife punishers.
  • mix up B2/B24/B243 and F4(stagger)/F41 to open them up. If they guess wrong you get another turn. If they press out of turn you get a hit confirm from F41/B24

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I don't have a main. I pick a character for 7 days, then switch him for another character. I do not re-pick that character unless I go through all the others at least once. Rince, repeat.

Playing with Jacqui this week.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
Cassie is all about number of hit guess and F4 staggers.
B243 number of hit mix and she lives in footsie. Her gameplay is to control space and force opponent to go back and forth between mid range and far away.
Her low shot is a fast mid that goes under highs and does awesome chip.
She is one of the best characters if you can control neutral with her.
Tips:
  • Use B3 as anti air
  • F21+3 has amazing range and plus 1 into wife punishers.
  • mix up B2/B24/B243 and F4(stagger)/F41 to open them up. If they guess wrong you get another turn. If they press out of turn you get a hit confirm from F41/B24
I finally played online for a bit with Cassie last night and had a great time. She may end up being my go-to secondary.

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
Main: Kitana.

Character loyalist. Always have been, always will be. I didn't like her design at first (despite looking the best she's ever looked since UMK3 imo) but after a long period of adjustment, it's grown on me and I think she's a very solid and honest character. Great tools. No dirt.

Secondary: Undecided other than I've decided to pick up a secondary lol. My go-to secondary is usually Reptile :(. So far I've narrowed it down to Kabal (my Deception main since that game didn't have either Kitana or Reptile :(), Jacqui (which is ironic because I HATED her in MKX from both a design and story perspective), Cassie (what's not to like about Cassie?), or Skarlet (I did okay with her in the beta and is one of Kitana's worst matchups).

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
Hey guys! I was wondering who your guys' mains are and then who your secondary fighter is. I am trying to find a secondary fighter to play when I'm not playing Kabal. I'm curious who you guys play and whether you play them because you just like the character or because they compliment your main's weaknesses. Let me know! :)
Main: Kabal
Secondary: Jax, Geras

I tried main Frost 1st variation but it is pretty much useless, no reason to pick it at all in the current state. Good thing about this MK is that learning characters basics and BNBs is pretty easy.

So I play Frost and Jacqui most of the time.
Secondary: Shao Khan, Cetrion, Geras, Jade, Liu Kang, Erron and currently learning Raiden.

Reasons, just playstyle and feel comfortable with execution.

Gunnxr

Apprentice
I don't have a main. I pick a character for 7 days, then switch him for another character. I do not re-pick that character unless I go through all the others at least once. Rince, repeat.

Playing with Jacqui this week.
That's interesting and kinda sounds like fun. Do you settle on a character or two after you try them all out?

Main: Kotal Khan.
The coolest newcomer from MKX, and one of the best MK characters, period.

I don't care If he's garbage tier, he's always gonna be my boi.

Secondary: Jacqui, because Muay Thai is awesome.

Resistible

MK fan since '92
Main: Kano
Secondary: Baraka

I've always played rushdown characters, never really been a big zoner but last couple days I've been getting bored of the same two over and over so I'm looking to pick up a third maybe forth character to put into rotation. Been thinking about D'Vorah maybe Liu or Johnny but I might just wait and see how Shang Tsung and Spawn play.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
That's interesting and kinda sounds like fun. Do you settle on a character or two after you try them all out?
Not sure, but for now I don't intend to. In the past, whenever I would main a character I would eventually grow bored of him/her and the game.

I am trying this new method to see if I will keep playing this game for a long time.

Hebrew Negro

KingofBosz97 XBL
Main: Kollector because I feel his backstory on a whole other level
Secondary: Raiden because Dark Raiden is just a badass character alone/D'vorah because she savage
Also Geras is technically my main but I'm not playing him until he gets more balanced

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Main: Searing Rage Scorpion

Secondaries: 1st Round KO Jacqui, Infinite Warden Geras, and Reborn Scorpion.

Jacqui reminds me of a UMK3 character. Great rushdown and damage.

I originally learned Geras just to know the MU, but he was so easy to pick up I started using him.

My Jacqui and Geras aren’t the greatest, I still don’t even know every single string by heart with them yet.

Last character I will learn before the DLC is Kabal. Kabal is actually insane with insane buttons.

Once DLC drops, I’m using all the DLC characters. Looking forward to Nightwolf the most.

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
Main: Kano. I love the NRS's Grappler/Brawler style characters since MKX, in fact, I mained Commando Kano in MK X and Bane in IJ 2.

Secondary: Cassie, and I'm looking for a third character. I like to pick a char whose playstyle feels different and with strengths that complement my main's ones. Cassie is fun as hell and I love her gunplay and footsies. In addition, her gameplan is way different from Kano's

Last edited: