What's new

SEASON'S BEATINGS SHOUTOUTS

Noob
Long list of shoutouts... I still don't have internet at home after moving(getting it this sunday) so I only have internet from work.

Quick shoutout to EVERYONE at this tournament... everyone I know, everyone I met, and especially to everyone who made the tournament such a great time and experience. I'll do a more personal shoutout after I get my internet back.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
hitoshura - dude you're hilarious. the stuff you come up with off of the top of your head and the way you act out the game animations had me laughing all weekend

classysasquatch - had a great time talking to you all weekend and your kung lao basically destroyed me. i'll be seeing you at NEC!

jamessmk - thanks for teaching me the history of MK outside the hotel room while we smoked cigs in the freezing cold for like an hour and a half in the wee hours of the morning!

THTB - good stuff making top 8 man! next time you sleep under our sink, ask for a damn blanket haha

maxter - probably one of the coolest guys to talk to ever. thanks for sharing the bacardi with me sat night. you should probably take a couple swigs before your next top 8 games since you play better when you're drunk! lol

tom brady - had me laughing as soon as i got to the tournament telling your devastation story haha. stop sleeping on phone books.

cd jr - PLUNGE THAT SHIT. hahaha good stuff with jax. thanks for coming to our room sat night and showing me how he's supposed to be used. pretty sure i'm going to start messing around with him now.

dark rob - couldnt help but bring up meshuggah when someone told me you were a fan. it's nice to talk to someone who actually knows what they're talking about when it comes to metal. more discussions shall be had at NEC if you're there!

erik warda - your kabal is ridiculous. your jax is pretty good as well. thanks for coming to the room sat night and showing both of them off. definitely fun to watch.

catch22 - it was good seeing you again. we definitely have to get some matches in next time! and you're right... many smokes were had haha

alex jr - good stuff knocking me out of the tournament. you really turned up your play for the tournament. good job and keep it up, kid.

wafflez - watching your pool play was some of the hypest games i watched all weekend. good job dude. definitely made a name for yourself.

all of the GGA guys - i tried to put our waitress at the chinese restaraunt in the enhanced pork trap, but she couldnt understand a word i was saying hahaha looking forward to coming up to GGA on the weekends to level up my play

tim static - it was great meeting you. thank you so much for running the tourney.

phil - i didn't really get to meet you but i really really really appreciate what you do. thanks a lot man.

DIGI- We didn't play casuals but I'm coming for you next time! That stop sign definitely deserved what it had coming hahahaha. Had a great time talking all weekend. I gave a big round of applause on sunday morning when you and soonk sat down to check out all this input bug nonsense.

there's probably more on here I didn't add, but definitely will once i remember

INPUT BUG!!!!!!

Yes. Yes it does exist. I've witnessed it through testing (w/soonk, chaossphere, and THTB). But for some reason it doesn't happen to me mid match. But it is very real.

NRS FIX THIS!!!

First and foremost: apology to whomever took offense to my raging when I lost to Medina in Money Matches. Not once...but TWICE! I'm human and I try not to be disrespectful to folks when I get upset.

BUT THE FUCKING STOP SIGN HAD IT COMING ROFLMFAO! J/K

Special apology to my friend Soonk. You know why. And I feel really bad. =( I'm glad you're a great friend.

Medina, I HATE YOU! J/K <3 You seriously put me in my place and now I need to level up a ton and learn some shit bro. I thank you for helping me understand this.

Shoutouts:

Catch22/AJr: You guys are the reason I made it to SBV in the first place. From beginning to end, you both were extremely supportive and very kind to me. I truly value this trip and your friendships. Thanks for everything you have done for me. Keeping the faith of the MK community. There are many more fantastic events to come.

JamesMK: You sir are amazing. It was a pleasure in meeting you my friend. We didn't get to play games. But fuck games...you're badass! And that's all that matters. :) I appreciate the offer, I'd love to come out there and hang out with you folks one day. So we'll keep that in mind. See you online bud.

TimStatic: There's is too much to love about you sir. You've been a great friend for many years. A vital asset to the midwest MK community. And I respect you, and am grateful for, everything you do for us. THANK YOU!

Shock: It was a pleasure to meet one of the most powerful pillars of our community. Truly a testimony of awesomeness. Thanks for making it out to the midwest and being extremely helpful to this year's event. I appreciate it, as I know many others do as well. I have always looked up to you. And I will continue to do so. THANK YOU!

Phil: Phil, I tell yha brotha, you were working hard from the moment I saw you til sunday night. You are a prime example of what it means to be dedicated to the community. Thanks for the stream. Thanks for the great commentary. Thanks for the hype. THANK YOU! Because without you, we wouldn't have had any of it. :( Hope you enjoyed yourself this past weekend man. You deserved it.

DarkRob: Man lemme tell you, the pleasure was indeed all mine. It was great to meet you too. We always had a great discussion all weekend. And our matches in MK9 were just as good. You're an awesome friend. And I really look forward into hanging out with you all again soon.

Hitoshura: Sup brotha!!! Yeah great times indeed. It was awesome to finally get to meet you. You were much taller than I imagined though lol. Great casuals. I HATE your character. But you my friend, are amazing and a solid player. We'll have to definitely hang out again soon.

AU_WANNA_DIE: Evan, hey man, thanks for the awesome shirt man. It's always a pleasure to represent AU! I respect all that you do for us. You're a great leader and a very dedicated person to the MK community in general. The more tournaments you go to, the more I see folks respect that. Pretty cool. We'll have to train and level up some more soon bro online and offline.

AU_NOT_MEDINA: LOL!!! Regardless of me losing $30 from you LMFAO, it was awesome to meet you "officially" lol. You are pretty got damn cool. And it seems you can keep your cool in intense situations. I respect that. And also, thanks for all you did this weekend brotha. Bringing your recording equipment and capturing tons of matches and special moments. Just like Phil, without you we wouldn't have the footage. SO THANKS MAN!

GGA-Mo3: Always a pleasure seeing you friend. We didn't get to play. But we had tons of laughs together. Which is more important.

GGA-Dizzy: I could literally talk to you for hours Aaron lol. You are amazing. And I really appreciate your support at tournaments. Thanks bro.

GGA-Jeremiah: Well you certainly impressed me this weekend. I think your Sheeva is just as good as mine...if not slightly better. I'm sorry for getting quite upset losing to you at times. This goes back into me "thinking" I know the match up, and get so salty when I realize I don't lol. And I created most of the Sheeva tech, with boysboysboys. Oh well. We'll have to run some more sets. Thanks for coming out to the tournament and supporting bro. And I hope to play you again soon.

To the rest of GGA players: thanks for coming out to the event. I wasn't aware that, that many of your were going to show up. That's pretty got damn cool IMO. :)

Tom Brady: Those damn bees are just as annoying as the INPUT BUG!!!! LMFAO!!! Man Tom it was awesome to finally get to talk with you a bit more. You're really a cool guy and fun person to talk with. And you truly do love the game and want nothing better than the MK community to get better, stronger. I really witnessed this all first hand. Including the input bug brotha. So I am truly glad to call you friend. And you have my 100% respect. Thanks for coming to this event man.

THTB: I hate you! <3 LMFAO!!! But man great times indeed man. You already know what's up and it was mad awesome to see you again. Baraka vs. Sheeva is so silly. UGHHH!!! LOL. Hope you play Raka more. He has soo much potential and a ton of people would love to see you take Raka to top 8 soon. Wishing you tons of success man. Especially for your engagement. And hope to see u again soon brotha.

REO: =D You surely are quiet. But it was a good time with you as well. Next time I'm going to have to get you to yell random stuff out at people lol. Congrats on 2nd place in the tournament. You definitely deserved it. And our match was fun. I should of stuck with Sheeva lol, and not switch to Jade. Lets play more again soon. And thanks for making it out to SBV.

Maxter: You are one cool motherfucka brotha!!! Another person I can just talk to for hours. Thanks for coming to this event man. I hope you and your brother really enjoyed yourselves. Congrats on 3rd in the tournament. We, in the crowd, were rooting for that Raiden and generating the hype brotha. Every time I see you play this game, you "wow" me with something amazing. THANK YOU!

CDjr: Mr. 1st Place!!! ^_^ Congratulations my friend. Job well done bro. And you deserved the win most definitely. It was a pleasure meeting you. You are mad humble and respect does NOTHING BUT surround you. A champion to admire for damn sure. Thanks man for coming to this event. And I truly hope to see u and your bros again soon. We'll have to Sheeva mirror some other time lol.

Erik Warda: You are one pretty pretty man. LMFAO!!! Funny as hell too. Great talking with you. Breakfast with all you folks was awesome. And the meal was great. Hope you enjoyed yourself in the midwest man. And you did fairly well in the tournament too. Respect bro. Your ass better NOT quit this game. If anything just play and make as much fun of/out of it as u can. :p

"NRS patches this game by patching the top players!" - Warda quote :p

ROFLMFAO!!! Great meeting you bro. Hope to see u soon.

Chris G: Sup man. Yo mad fun casuals we had. Dunno if you're every going to see this. But I am glad u played some matches with me. Also happy you finally got to play vs. a rather interesting Sheeva player. :p Congrats on your tournament placing. Seems to me you were running around the place from tournament match to tournament match...in a variety of games. That's pretty cool. Nothing wrong with being a jack of all trades. Thanks for making it out to this tourney as well man.

Classy Sasquatch: Yo bud it was great meeting you. You are awesome in every letter of the word. Sucks we didn't get casuals in. But fuck it...there's always next time brotha. Lookin forward into seeing that new Cage. DON'T LOSE TO SUB ZERO LOLOLOL!

M2Dave/Master D: you guys are amazing. I feel bad we weren't able to talk or play some games all weekend. That really sucked. I wanted to hang out with you guys. Always next time though. M2Dave great showing on that Freddy. You surely turned some heads and gained hella respect for that character. YOU ARE THE NIGHTMARE my friend lol.

Macewind: DUDE!!! Call me slow, but you're the Macewind from MKU!!!! LMFAO. Dunno how I couldn't put 2n2 together haha. Well I'll be a retarded step child. Great meeting you man. From start to finish you are just a badass individual. Mad respect bro. It was a pleasure to finally get to meet you too. And fuck man, we didn't get to play games either. =( But next time we will. Where u took us for breakfast was mad tasty. The fucking best. And I thank you for that. Aint nothin like a great meal with friends. Thanks for damn sure. Thanks again. And I hope to see u soon.

The Chosen 1: Yo bro. Great talking with you. And great games in casuals. You have a pretty good jax. That story u told me and Maxter that u had when u went to canes had me rollin. TOO FUNNY! Remember - "Hands ON the money. Hands OFF me!" ROFLMFAO!!! Hope u had a great time. And we'll have to kick it soon.

PlayingToWin: DUDE!!! LMFAO!!! I'm so sorry for blowing up on you like that lol. But I also thank you for that! Caused you saved me from losing to Medina...well at that time. :p Matt you are something else. But I hella respect you, cause u never disrespected me. We should definitely talk more at the next tourney. And get some casuals in too. You have a pretty good raiden. Thanks for helping us all out with support from Console combat. Without you we wouldn't have had as many setups as we did. So thanks bro.

ATL-Redd: =D Always great seeing you bro. We definitely should have gotten some casuals in. Always next time. Where there's smoke...there's a cool nig like yourself brotha.

Doctor_Rouse: LMFAO!!! Well you already know what's up. It was amazing to have met you. Great convo. Great matches. Great coffee LMFAO! LOL WUT??? Anyways, it was amazing to kick it with you all weekend. Wish your bro could have made it too. Always next time. We'll definitely get some games in online and do what we can to level up brotha. See u on PSN soon lol.

JoshTheFunkDoc: Hey man. It is always a pleasure seeing you at events. You just bring hype without even knowing it. :) Known u for a LONG TIME! And still you always keep it fresh and fun brotha. Hope u enjoyed yourself. And next time we'll have to get some matches in MK9.

Sabin: I hardly saw u this past weekend. I know u been mad busy with the stream. Just know, I am grateful to you're sincerely part of our community. You're a vital asset to hype and credibility of MK9. So thank you for all you have done for us. Seriously appreciated.

Soonk: FUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFU!!!! Input bug. We'll u surely made a believe out of me. That's what u said you would do. :) We have such epic shit talking matches that some times the get....fierce. But you are a great friend and that's all that matters. Thanks man, for being exactly that. A great friend. I value that seriously. You didn't do too bad in the tournament either man. So props to you. Lets hang out soon.

ChaosSphere: We didn't get to play. But the fact that we got to talk a lot made everything totally worth it. great seeing you bud. You're an awesome guy. And I see u truly love the community. Hope to see u again soon man. And we'll get more casuals in too.

Osirun: Nathan!!! Man I can't really describe how much I appreciate you man. Thanks for all you do for me. Seriously. Great matches in MK9. I should have stuck with Sheeva in our set. My trolling got reversed on me lol. I'm not making that mistake again. If you ever play online lemme know. Would love to get some casuals in. THANK YOU!!!

HeroicLegacy: My troll brotha. Without you I dunno where I'd be in this game. Surely not as decent as I am now...that's for sure. Thanks for all the shit talk and fun we have at tournaments and when we hang out. You are without questions one of my favorite members of the FGC. And thanks for being a great friend man.

The Arkayne: LMFAO Quentin. You are something else bro. :) Always glad to see u at events. We didn't get to play SHIIIIIT! Hell I'm still salty losing to you in MvC3 the other night lol. :p Anyways u know what's up bro. Glad u made it out. And we'll level up in MK soon. <3

TRKT: Kameron! It's funny how we ALWAYS have to play each other mid tournament. Whether it be Tekken 6, Soul Calibur 4, or MK9 lol. Great matches man. And YES! You should have stuck with Noob. Because I would have lost. Sheeva has a ton of issues with that character. I'm glad you didn't realize that until it was too late. :p GAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Next time foo. :p <3

Mc-Lovins: Fun matches in UMK3. We didn't get to play MK9 vs. each other....but whatevs. Glad u had a great time. EPIC ELBOW DROP!!!! LOL glad I encouraged some laughs. It's fun to have fun brotha. :) Always great seeing you man.

Alright hoes! That's it. I ran my mouth waaaay too much. And if I missed anyone I am truly sorry. I literally tried to mention everyone I ran into, played against, and spoke with this past weekend in the MK community.

I truly love and value this community a great ton. Everyone plays a vital part to our success. And I truly hope that everyone continues to stick with the game. INPUT BUG OR NOT...this is the best (or 2nd best) MK game to date. And we must keep the hype flowing to get even more updates, patches, and etc for this game and newer games in the future.

Thanks to all of you.

Doctor_Rouse

Mileena Player
What can I say about this. Well here we go.

Catch22: Thank you for letting me spend the night the first night. That Kung Lao was really nice to play with. See you at NEC I hope.

AlexJr: I WANT 2 SPONSOR YOU KID! Your Kabal was to sick. I was like, why didn't anyone pick him up yet? For a 10 year old kid, you got some talent. I wish I could of played you more little man. Keep up the great work. I will be looking for you soon.

JamesMK: KI3 should be released. lol. Thanks for telling me the history of Midway. Such information was great to learn. I think I'm going to play with the stick for now on. How long haven't you used the pad? I remember you saying that it was since MK4 came out that you stopped using it. Great seeing you again.

TimStatic: Im surprised that you didn't play MK9. I remember you telling me that you don't play it competitively at summer slam but at least come play.......lol. Great seeing you guys and thanks for letting me help with anything you guys needed. You are pretty slow though. Hint hint. Where's the mic? lol

Shock: When I heard that I had to face you first in UMK3, I was like, "WOW, anyone but him. Why the Godfather himself?" Great Games with you in UMK3. I love that game. I will be leveling up for NEC and learning Sindel as much as I can. Respect to one of the Vile Twins.

Phil: Thanks for letting me spectate Chris Friday's match. Mad Respect to you. You are my Idol. I wanna be you when I grow up. :top: Respect Shao Kahn. Respect him.

AU_MEDINA: We should of place money down when we played. I was trying to come out for casuals at the room you guys was in but I didn't get a chance to come. Damnit. Maybe next time. Great seeing you.

GGA-Mo3: What can I say about that ERMAC???? Much Respect with that match. That was a really good match with Mileena and Ermac. I'm coming for you next time. Much respect for you playing UMK3. Glad to see more players playing that game.

GGA-Jeremiah: Wasn't you the only other Sheeva player there? If so, That Sheeva was getting on Digimon's nervous for a minute with what I saw with it. Much Respect to you for using her. She's the Gief!!!!!!

Tom Brady: What happen in playing UMK3? You just left. I was ready to play you so bad. Glad we got to talk about chill for a hot second. See you at NEC.

THTB: CHOP CHOP HISSSS!!!!!!!! lol I think I speak for everyone when I say "That Baraka though...............?" You should of used him in the tournament. I wanted to see you pick him in the top 8 matchups. Great seeing you again.

REO: Mileena vs. Lui Kang......Mileena all day but Mileena vs. Kabal........... I would of lose myself. Thanks for the advice with the Mileena and Reptile match up. For some reason, I just can't beat Reptile. Thanks for playing UMK3 with me. We was going at it for a while. Such great matches between the 2.

Maxter: That Raiden............. Enough said! lol great seeing you and we have to play more often.

CDjr: BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!! Jax all day. Enough said!!!!!!!!! We gotta kickit more!!! I think I should just fuck with Jade just for you. lol

M2Dave: Great Spectating with you. We gotta go live next time. We didn't get a chance to play but the Freddy. I hope he's not coming for me!!!!!!! Thanks for that.

Macewind: Mr. Kano!!!!!! You look like Kano, you play as kano, You might us well be Kano. lol Great playing with you again.

PlayingToWin: I will try to get out to Console Combat soon. Thanks for playing me.

AU_Im_Digimon: ONLY YOU KNOW ABOUT THE INPUT BUG!!!!!!! lol Thanks for playing me once again. We need to find that picture of you yelling in my ear. That was the best picture ever. lol Can't wait to see it. Coffee room with 2 black people= one mad White manager. lol

Mc-Lovins: We gotta play UMK3 more often, I did take notes with the Teleport punish with Ermac. EPIC. Thanks for playing me once again. Where was reptile though

Everyone else I missed. My bad but Thanks for coming out yo. Oh and Instant Air Fan Yo!

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I didn't realize who mcpeanuts was until i watched one of his matches tht AU_Medina recorded. Lol shout outs to mcpeanuts for being awesome and having an avatar tht looks like my friend pat.

Epic MK9 Community Hype Cartwheel: By yours truly lol

That was dedicated for all the MK9 folks who love and support the game off and on-line. Thanks everyone for everything that you all do.

Special thank to AU_WANNA_DIE for capturing the vid.