What's new

Scrubs destroying scrubs

kaworu

Noob
So far the game hasn't been out long but i was wondering what character and specific tactic (notation) is best to beat newbies?

I read Reptiles fireball is spammable against opponents who don't know how to deal with it as it can't be ducked and launches on hit or something.

If you have any detailed info on what combo/special move/normal move/strategy someone could spam or abuse with what character to beat other scrubs please post here.

So far the game hasn't been out long but i was wondering what character and specific tactic (notation) is best to beat newbies?

I read Reptiles fireball is spammable against opponents who don't know how to deal with it as it can't be ducked and launches on hit or something.

If you have any detailed info on what combo/special move/normal move/strategy someone could spam or abuse with what character to beat other scrubs please post here.
Just find the character you want to use then look up a few combo vids on youtube. if you think the combos are within your skill level then come here and check for a character guide on how to actually do the combos you've seen. Then head into training mode and keep practicing until you think your good enough to beat the other newbies, who probably planned on spamming the whole game with a nice 61% combo.

kaworu

Noob
Just find the character you want to use then look up a few combo vids on youtube. if you think the combos are within your skill level then come here and check for a character guide on how to actually do the combos you've seen. Then head into training mode and keep practicing until you think your good enough to beat the other newbies, who probably planned on spamming the whole game with a nice 61% combo.
Yeah, I'm no stranger to fighting games, combos are piss easy. I tried to be specific about what I wanted but I can appreciate this comes across like a new player looking for an easy way out.

What I'm looking for is specific bullshit tactics that beat scrubs in a day one tournament as I don't have the time to hit training mode before the event. This isn't for long term as I will learn the game properly. But for now I'm looking for any shit that if you dont know the game you wont know how to get out of. Think Lariat/SPD on SFIV, unblockable set ups with Carl on BBCS or tech traps and relaunches for back rollers on Tekken.

If you know of anything similar or equally bullshit it would be greatly appreciated.

Noob
If you're going with reptile, spam non-teleporters by mixing up forceballs and spits from range.

If you are at close range against anyone, use d+BK, b+BP(ducking 4 into acid ball) it's mid, but overhead, great mixup, knocks back on block so you're safe and can continue to advance or zone if you want.

Keep in mind you can't do the acid ball from a ducking poke... it's different than SF where you can do a cr.mk xx fireball... the motion for the acid ball is d,b,BP... and you must input the command for the ducking BK as part of the acid ball command.

In the meantime, you can also buffer a slide the same way. Rules for the poke still apply... the Slide is b,f,BK. If you do d/b+BK,f,BK you will buffer the back as part of the command for the slide and connect the poke. You can mix up pretty effectively up close with these.

Also use his combo string, FP,BP,BP, it will hit overhead and give you the chance to mix in slide, or forceball right after.

SGX

Noob
Noob saibot.

Shadow charge all day.

If they jump backwards, teleport grab.

I guarantee you will make enemies. :D

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It depends on the "noob" you're playing. Just start spamming stuff, if they can't get around it, keep doing it. Having a specific detailed strategy for beating scrubs isn't really productive. Just use what works against that certain player.

lobo

woof.
utorrent + sheeva + online stomp spam = tons of LOL hatemail from pretty much everybody.

;)

Eshi

Noob
Cyrax's nets are incredibly good at killing jump spammers. Launching a bomb to make them scared and netting them when they try to jump away from it is pretty good too, but the net alone destroys scrubs.

His unblockable setup (command throw > bomb > dash forward jab blockstring) works 100% of the time on scrubs. There is a problem with scrubs being too dumb to hold block but if you time the string properly then you still combo them into a bomb juggle if they don't.