What's new

Match-Up Discussion - D'Vorah Scorpion's teleport, what do?

Kazoot

Noob
Seriously, if there's even a small amount of lag I fall for this cheese every time. It comes out so fast and recovers so quickly even on block, how can D'vorah punish it or react to it? I use Venomous and normally I can deal with strategies like this, but it gets me a good 90% of the time.

Last edited:

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
I can understand getting caught by it but it really doesnt recover fast on block. Dont play people with therrible lag I guess? ;)

Seriously, if there's even a small amount of lag I fall for this cheese every time. It comes out so fast and recovers so quickly even on block, how can D'vorah punish it? I use Venomous and normally I can deal with strategies like this, but it gets me a good 90% of the time.
anything that starts with a standing 1 should punish scorpion hard. the teleport is very unsafe. sometimes there are deceptive animations in MK that make you think your blockstun is way longer than it actually is, maybe you fell for that, but in reality scorpions teleport is one of the easiest moves to punish in this game.

Kazoot

Noob
I don't know, I guess the blockstun facade is the issue here. That was one of my biggest issues with Injustice (which this MK feels way too much like), but maybe I can get around it in this one. This is obviously on an amateur level though, I only play on MK a few times a week when hanging out at my buddy's place. At which times I usually face Scorpion a good 25% or more of my matches. >.>

I play with Devorah and dont have that much problem against Scorpion. My brother plays Scorpion and he said he is going to chance because he is slow. He has fast startups I noticed, but bad recovery. If you block his moves, they are easy to punish. I'd mostly block low and pay attention for overheads.
I mean, you have to watch when he is teleporting. But I never play online, so might be that.

mountlover

My fingers hurt.
You've gotta play calm vs scorpion. Try not to whiff normals and always be walking forward casually with your finger on the block button like it's insulin and you got diabetes.

If you can manage to block a teleport, punish with 11b2,walk forward,113, then db1 and block. the hard knockdown from the 113 gives you enough of an advantage that even if scorps EX teleports on wakeup, you'll block it, then you can punish again.