What's new

Tech Scorpion's Deep Jump Kick Option Select [Video]

kronspik

Noob
The same escape that Dizzy suggested will get you boned. It will only work once as a viable escape. The next time I won't cancel into Teleport, I will just dash in d1 xx Teleport - 1,1,1 xx Spear.
OK let's assume that the person never uses the escape. Why should he ever do anything but block the JK? Just like there's no reason to do anything but block the JIP during the vortex.

OK let's assume that the person never uses the escape. Why should he ever do anything but block the JK? Just like there's no reason to do anything but block the JIP during the vortex.
It's something to add to his Vortex game. The fact that it can be escaped adds to it's usefulness IMO.

what is the input for this exactly.
as i do the deep jump kick, i input teleport with that?
i cant i ever really practiced it.
It's simple a JIK xx Teleport. If the kick is blocked the Teleport never comes out. It works because of how low you do the kick.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Nope, 3,1,2 is about +41 on hit, so you can get a free deep jump kick.
-On hit, Teleport comes out then you TKS - dash - b1,2,f1 - dash - TKP​
-On block, your +15​
wait....ur sayin on block the teleport won't come out?

ryublaze

Noob
I would probably do this outside of vortex, but even then you can probably hitconfirm with d4 teleport. This is similar to the Sektor djk tele option select but with Sektor it's harder to combo off of a djk without OSing it.

I would probably do this outside of vortex, but even then you can probably hitconfirm with d4 teleport. This is similar to the Sektor djk tele option select but with Sektor it's harder to combo off of a djk without OSing it.
Using it within Vortex is the safest and most practical deep jump kick setup Scorpion has. You can go for a meaty deep jump kick OS after an Air Throw, but you have to be close to the corner. Also, ending his BnB with 1,1,1 xx Spear gives the perfect spacing for a deep jump kick. It's kinda like CSZ ending his combos with slide.

But JIP already gives significant advantage on block and can't be escaped.
JIP does not give adv on block.

I don't see this setup being objectively better than going for a jip. Guaranteed throw mix up is if they're stand blocking. JIK and JIP is something you should mix up.

JIP does not give adv on block.

I don't see this setup being objectively better than going for a jip. Guaranteed throw mix up is if they're stand blocking. JIK and JIP is something you should mix up.
You guys are kinda missing the point. It's not so much about using the jp or jk, but the setup for a deep jump kick. This a pretty much a guaranteed setup. There are situations where the deep jump kick OS is more useful. For example, if you space out a fireball perfectly you pretty much get an opportunity for this OS. Also, throw still works on crouch blocks.

You guys are kinda missing the point. It's not so much about using the jp or jk, but the setup for a deep jump kick. This a pretty much a guaranteed setup. There are situations where the deep jump kick OS is more useful. For example, if you space out a fireball perfectly you pretty much get an opportunity for this OS. Also, throw still works on crouch blocks.
The throw won't work if they're in crouch block stun.

ryublaze

Noob
K.O.E. it's not a bad setup but there's no reason for the opponent to not block after a teleport on hit. You might as well go for the jip cuz if they're not going to block then you can hit confirm the jip into 1,1, spear for a full ground combo into void. Also jip jails them into stand block where you can go for the 1,1,1,spear mix-up that I usually like to do.

The throw won't work if they're in crouch block stun.
It still works because it no point in trying to guess whether I'll throw or not when your -15. Who ever said anything about a throw mixup anyway? Going for unavoidable blockstrings is the better option anyway. The point of this tech was to showcase a different way to get off a deep jump in kick. It's not particularly easy to get off on non-zoners.

I'm gonna try to explain KOE 18 for a second here.

He's saying if you do JIK, it yeilds the same results as a JIP, as in... you get to do whatever you want if they block.

But if all you're ever using is JIK.

Eventually if they know they can get out of it by just naked ducking and eating the kick. thus making a wake up game.

You open up a whole new game that wasn't there to begin with with you only doing JIP.

Of course theya re never gonna let go of block if you just JIP.

But with JIK, they might think about it if they know what dizzy talked about is an option. and if they go for that...

that opens up JIP to be confirmed into 1,1 spear if you change to JIP next time.

If you keep JIK, you still get pressure. and if they are like "Well I really don't want to be pressured this time" They will naked crouch. (which opens them up for JIP.)

And they can't just stand up and take the DJIK, because it leads to a combo at no risk.

There really isn't a reason I can see to NOT do it. at the very LEAST, you open them up JIP in the future. At the risk of possibly losing your guaranteed pressure/advantage to a wake up game.

If they ONLY BLOCK EVERY TIME. then of course both options aren't really that different.

It's just the options that open up for your opponent off deep JIK, will make them change behavior.

it's just an option I see.

If I'm wrong on anything let me know.

Critical-Limit
You love these long essay posts don't you?:rolleyes:

Anyway, the fact that it can be escaped is the same thing that makes the setup viable. It adds another layer on to the mindgame of the vortex.

There are more setups that I will post in Part2. It should be uploaded tonight or tomorrow.

Critical-Limit
You love these long essay posts don't you?:rolleyes:

Anyway, the fact that it can be escaped is the same thing that makes the setup viable. It adds another layer on to the mindgame of the vortex.

There are more setups that I will post in Part2. It should be uploaded tonight or tomorrow.
I think the small explanations weren't getting through to people to understand.

They weren't seeing the big picture of possibilities that are unlocked upon using this.

JIP gives them no option.

DJIK gives them an option to get out, but that also opens them up to JIP.

I like this find, and thank you for sharing.

I think the small explanations weren't getting through to people to understand.

They weren't seeing the big picture of possibilities that are unlocked upon using this.

JIP gives them no option.

DJIK gives them an option to get out, but that also opens them up to JIP.

I like this find, and thank you for sharing.
Finally someone who gets it!:D

ryublaze

Noob
Deep Jump Kick can be hit confirmed into D4 tele for the same damage (36%) including a max ranged deep jump kick where the OS won't work. Deep jump kick into D4 tele also works on a crouching opponent where the OS won't work. Also it is a little iffy cuz when you do the deep jump kick OS sometimes the opponent falls too fast as if they were crouching and you whiff the teleport. While it is a neat idea K.O.E_18 , I don't think the deep jump kick OS is necessary for Scorpion when he can just hit confirm it into a D4 tele.

Deep Jump Kick can be hit confirmed into D4 tele for the same damage (36%) including a max ranged deep jump kick where the OS won't work. Deep jump kick into D4 tele also works on a crouching opponent where the OS won't work. While it is a neat idea K.O.E_18 , I don't think the deep jump kick OS is necessary for Scorpion when he can just hit confirm it into a D4 tele.
It's not for max range. I use it for mid range counter-zoning, and that's how it's used best IMO. I cover all of that in the next part :).

Go on youtube and watch Curbo vs M2dave Evo2012. Look at the distance that Curbo was using his deep jk's on M2dave. Might shed some light on it.