What's new

Tech Scorpion's Deep Jump Kick Option Select [Video]

Glass Sword

Nobody
I remember awhile back BEENEEWEENEES told me to use deep jump kicks more with Scorpion and they really are useful for his game. Spacing out a deep jump kick lets you go in for a throw mix up more importantly than his 50/50, well at least for me I love to throw.

I remember awhile back BEENEEWEENEES told me to use deep jump kicks more with Scorpion and they really are useful for his game. Spacing out a deep jump kick lets you go in for a throw mix up more importantly than his 50/50, well at least for me I love to throw.
Throw is great in the cage MU imo. This still need tons of testing, but from what I've tested it's viable.

Glass Sword

Nobody
Throw is great in the cage MU imo. This still need tons of testing, but from what I've tested it's viable.
In my opinion the Cage match up is not really worth it. When I had Scorpion as my main I found and still find the match up to very much in Cages favor (You can find my entire summation behind the match in the recent Johnny Cage mu chart). However more power to you it can be won after all with great spacing and a lot of luck. One needs to know all the match ups for ones main after all no matter how bad.

In my opinion the Cage match up is not really worth it. When I had Scorpion as my main I found and still find the match up to very much in Cages favor (You can find my entire summation behind the match in the recent Johnny Cage mu chart). However more power to you it can be won after all with great spacing and a lot of luck. One needs to know all the match ups for ones main after all no matter how bad.
Throw is useful to get Cage off your ass, but it's 7-3 Cage no doubt.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
This is escapable by crouching without blocking.

This is obviously countered by just doing JP instead or by doing Deep JK dash d4 teleport, but if you use it too much you're losing a free mixup if they take the JK and you are OSing teleport.

This is escapable by crouching without blocking.

This is obviously countered by just doing JP instead or by doing Deep JK dash d4 teleport, but if you use it too much you're losing a free mixup if they take the JK and you are OSing teleport.
True, crouching changes the gravity to make TP whiff. I'm still testing this wit human opponents though Dizz. I'll see what other escapes I can find.

kronspik

Noob
Apparently. I just don't get why someone would ever NOT block the JIK in the first place except to use the escape method that Dizzy mentioned. Then it becomes kind of pointless because it's just the same as JIP right?

zaf

professor
Ermac players have a similar OS setup after 3,1,2 on hit
what do you mean?
if i do 312 tks, and 312 is blocked and they let go, tks grabs them
if i do 312, and the last hit ( 2) hits and then tks come out, they can block still.

do you mean that if the 2 hits, the tks wont come out?

what do you mean?
if i do 312 tks, and 312 is blocked and they let go, tks grabs them
if i do 312, and the last hit ( 2) hits and then tks come out, they can block still.

do you mean that if the 2 hits, the tks wont come out?
Nope, 3,1,2 is about +41 on hit, so you can get a free deep jump kick.
-On hit, Teleport comes out then you TKS - dash - b1,2,f1 - dash - TKP​
-On block, your +15​

Apparently. I just don't get why someone would ever NOT block the JIK in the first place except to use the escape method that Dizzy mentioned. Then it becomes kind of pointless because it's just the same as JIP right?
The same escape that Dizzy suggested will get you boned. It will only work once as a viable escape. The next time I won't cancel into Teleport, I will just dash in d1 xx Teleport - 1,1,1 xx Spear.

zaf

professor
what is the input for this exactly.
as i do the deep jump kick, i input teleport with that?
i cant i ever really practiced it.