What's new

Match-up Discussion Scorpion?

I know this is seriously a brand new character (and possibly a premature discussion), however, I am confused beyond reckoning on his teleport. Is it safe or not? Is it a crossup or not? Is he at a disadvantage even when you block low or can he follow up with other things safely? I guess my biggest question is how do you guys adapt your game to deal with him? There is quite a bit of buzz around him being extremely good, but I haven't had the time to test out much. All I was able to test was punishing his teleport and I believe I was doing it with no issues. What is the concern here?

x MAD AXES x

Lighten up will ya!
His teleport is unsafe and 17f moves will punish a standing teleport without floating with him but wont with a jumping teleport, hold d to block it.

Solo

Shadow Priest
Are you asking if Scorpion's Tele is safe? Is so, no it's not.

His tele can definitely be punish, but don't hesitate.. he'll recover somewhat quick.

People don't know how to deal with his teleport... so instead of figuring it out themselves they make a thread...
I thought investigation was trying to figure it out. I haven't ha much time between school, work, and kids to test these things myself. I thought an inquiring mind and someone who genuinely wanted help would be welcomed here lol, but I thank you for the negativity regardless. Still very new to the site man.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I thought investigation was trying to figure it out. I haven't ha much time between school, work, and kids to test these things myself. I thought an inquiring mind and someone who genuinely wanted help would be welcomed here lol, but I thank you for the negativity regardless. Still very new to the site man.
I wasn't being negative. That wasn't even directed at you. This is like the 5th topic regarding his teleport. I also answered your questions. It isn't a cross up. It isn't safe on block unless Scorpion MBs it. How to deal with it? React and block low... poke out of it.
Edit- It is cool.

It's punishable, but it's hard to get used to if you're coming from MK9, where he stays in the air so long you could go out and watch a movie with your friends and grab something to eat and he would still be spinning around.

Either the online was making it hard or it seems that you can't really smoke bomb punish someone who is constantly spamming hellfire. You must jump first.

Maniak

Nightwing & Batgirl
i had to db 3 1 away.from hell fire. hold straight down only when blocking teleport. punish with 11 into something

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
babs catches his teleport almost 100% of the time with her smoke bomb
if they both do their teleports at the same time, scorpion is getting owned