What's new

scorpion trouble

Quito

PSN : QuitoTheSecond
i just played the best scorpion on ps3 online : crazy marcus
this is the first real good scorpion i been facing. combo between 30~40% brb evrytime
which character is the best vs scorpion?

Thats scrub talk man. To win a game, you need to learn your how to beat someone with YOUR character. Simply trying to counterpick people just because there MIGHT be a 60/40 advantage in your favor will do nothing for you other than have you get beaten with another character. You didn't even mention who you use. Now, heres thoughts on scorpion.

GET OVER HERE!
Basically scorpion is a risky character. His teleport is obviously unsafe, unless it's been enhanced but even then its just a matter of leaving your block up a little longer. Spear is a little slow, so when you're going to wake up and he has like half screens distance, you're 2 options are as follows. Block and most likely eat an EX. hellfire, or try to jump and hope his spear doesn't pull you from the air. Frankly, I would rather take the hellfire and keep playing. Thats only 16%, if you get hit with the spear, you're looking at at least 30%, and then you still get put back in a wake up position. Most scorpions will throw the one hellfire, but won't feel confident enough to throw another one if you're on your feet. His recovery lag on hellfire is long, so if you're within jump distance and escape the hellfire, you have a free combo on your hands. As far as his normal strings, always be prepared to block the slide tackle afterwards. Scorpion players LOVE the slide tackle, it's a quick low attack, and chains fairly quickly after a normal block string. As far as overheads (i wouldn't be surprised if i'm wrong but i cant remember) I'm pretty sure he's most useful one is going to be his b2, which isn't really that fast, and if you're keeping an eye open for it, then you should be able to standing block it. He'll probably wanna get in your face with crossovers and such, so be prepared to adjust your game plan accordingly. Once again, without knowing your character, it's difficult to prescribe a way of winning. You can bait a teleport by spamming projectiles as welll, a trade with scorpion isn't the worst thing in the world as far as projectiles, and if you can hit him with 2 or 3, chances are he's gonna want to get that teleport out there. If you're ready with a block, and he doesn't enhance it, then you have your free combo. Gotta be real careful though.

TyrantRevolver

Darkwave Digital
Yes. You have to be off the ground in some way.

And props to the weaponlord avatar.
I noticed that too. It really surprised me to see someone with an avatar of such a little known game. I would find it doubly amusing to see an Eternal Champions avatar on here since it was another classic fighter with fatalities and whatnot.